Darkin or Dungeon raid?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Markku, May 18, 2014.

1. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    What is the better game? I have never played either but it's time for me to play one.

2. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Dungeon Raid doesn't support the iPhone 5 resolution and Darkin feels more modern. Although I can't say it's better since I played DR so much and so long ago I got burned out lol.

I'm loving Darkin btw.

3. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I say both. They both have their unique qualities. The lead up to Darkin had me playing DR all over again. DR unfortunately is not universal but it does look decent on the iPad 4 Air. I wish that dev would update DRÂ…it is a great game.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #5 undeadcow, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
    Markku - Under your original post you can add a poll under thread tools...

My opinion: Dungeon Raid is the superior game; but Darkin has more modern polish... I'd chose DR.

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I agree with undeadcow that DR is superior for now, but I would choose Darkin as it is still excellent and will hopefully continue to get upgraded and improved. Unfortunately DR appears to be abandoned and will get more outdated as time goes on.

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  7. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I also got burned out playing Dungeon Raid, so it's hard to say. Dungeon Raid has more complexity, but that actually turned me off. I sort of like how straightforward Darkin is.

If you are using an iPhone 5/5s, definitely go with Darkin. If you care at all about leaderboards and achievements, go with Darkin.

Honestly, since you've never played either, go with the one that is actively supported. Basically everyone commenting on this thread likes both, but if you have no history with Dungeon Raid, might as well go with the new game that is likely to stay updated for the time being. Dungeon Raid hasn't been updated since 2011.