Wayward Souls (Mage Gauntlet spinoff by Rocketcat)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by undeadcow, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Pretty much all loot will be character specific, except I guess hats probably won't (still working that out). If the character "rotates out", you simply can't use their loot again (or continue their dungeon progression) until they're playable again, from either being unlocked or being available as the free class again. However, you don't lose any progression if they're not playable. I hope that makes sense.

2. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    What happens to the loot? If you don't spend it in that day is it gone? Please explain how this will work.

3. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Gold is shared between all characters. You use it to unlock new equipment, or upgrade equipment, or buy a disposable one-game bonus.

Equipment is not shared between characters. But if a character becomes unplayable (like you buy upgrades for them while they're free, but then they're not free the next day), you don't lose anything you've unlocked for them by the time they're playable again. When they're playable again, they still have all their equipment.

Gems are shared between all characters. You can use them to permanently unlock characters so that they're always playable, or buy another disposable one-game bonus (seperate from the coin-bought ones). You can also buy gems as IAP, and maybe convert gems to gold (haven't decided yet).

You can earn gold/gems as one character type, then spend them on another character type if you want. I hope that was the question, and I'm not misunderstanding it.

4. R3TAL1AT3

R3TAL1AT3 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2011
    #84 R3TAL1AT3, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
    Was waiting for this class preview. :D
    But I can't seem to find the post :confused:

Since there are class-specific loots, I would love to see Hats be universal. It was awesome that Hook Worlds had character-specific equipments (even if its just cosmetic), but I kinda accepted it because there were no modifier equipments like the other Hook-games.

SO TRUE!!! "Dear Rocketcat, I want a Gnomey-sized Link costume for my birthday." :p

5. R3TAL1AT3

R3TAL1AT3 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2011
    NICE! Total Replayability right there!! It's nice to know know we can change classes freely without having to 'grind' one class just to get enough currency just for that character and their equipments. Thumbs up for sharing :D

6. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    http://t.co/Ts6UmdV2

7. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Will there be an in-app purchase to buy all the characters?

8. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Only IAP will be gem packs and the overly expensive and overly goofy "rocketcat party room". Gems unlock characters, buy one-game bonuses, and we'll probably steal Tiny Tower's "convert gems to coins" idea.

9. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    So can you unlock everything through playing the game?

10. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Yeah. With the sole exception of that party room, though that mostly serves as an expensive joke and isn't required to officially 100% the game.

11. Deity X

Dec 7, 2009
    So will the party room be what I should buy to support the game, due to the free nature of the game?

12. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    It'll be there for people that want to throw money at us, but don't really want to buy IAP gems. If we keep adding classes like we plan to, we figure buying gems will be encouraged just by the sheer amount of stuff you'll want to unlock. However, we want both unlocking classes by grinding and never unlocking any classes (just playing the Free Classes of the Day) to be definite viable options.

13. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Ok so what exactly is included in this "party room"?

14. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Cake... Lots of cake.

15. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Make that, tonnes of cake.

16. Deity X

Dec 7, 2009
    I don't know, I feel like I should pay for something.

17. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I'm not exactly sure yet. The theme I'm going for is "mostly useless fun stuff." Thinking:

- Always located on first level of dungeon, somewhere.
    - Guaranteed Gnomey pet (he will remain a pet of dubious worth tho)
    - NPCs you can talk to representing the developers (they just say stuff).
    - Funny decorations
    - Also, not located in the room, Rocketcat pet as a rare spawn.

15 BUCKS

And then will see if anyone actually buys it.

18. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I'm going to buy.

19. Deity X

Dec 7, 2009
    Probably will too. Might want a bit more for my money though.

20. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Will probably include a warning when you try to buy it that the Rocketcat Party Room is a TERRIBLE waste of money, and you're better off just buying a gem pack if you want to support us.

Really just trying to establish precedent of charging 15 dollars for Gnomey to follow you around, in all future games, regardless of setting.

Gritty, dramatic zombie survival sandbox? Pay 15 dollars for a whimsical, magical gnome to follow you around. Game that takes place in space? 15 dollars for a gnome to follow you around. Some sort of match-3 puzzle game? Pay 15 dollars for Gnomey to be sitting onscreen, constantly bothering you.