Need a developer (for my own app this time)

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by skipper587, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Looking for a developer who has 2d experience, and is willing to work on a profit share basis. The app will be sold for 99 cents and is based off a popular internet game. I can do the art, though I may need some help.

2. It seems like no one is looking for work right now....

3. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Correction, no one's looking for profit-share work or the promise to hopefully be paid at some future point. Let's face it, the vast majority of games and apps out there are bringing in almost no money. And half of almost nothing is, well, you see the problem ;)

If you're confident in the idea then I or many other people may be willing to help for a fixed price 50% down and 50% upon completion and turning over the source code so you can distribute the app yourself. If the design document is well written and the amount was right you'd be fending people off with pointed sticks. :D

4. By 50% down, how much are you asking for? PM me.

5. CommanderData

Patreon Indie

#5 CommanderData, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
    Well, obviously I can't quote monetary figures without seeing your specs to determine the full scope of the project. I'd need to see if this was a few days, weeks, or months of involvement in order to complete the game to everyone's satisfaction. Even if you can't afford my rate (I've been doing programming and computer graphics work since 1983, so I've earned a bit of a reputation...) I might be able to find someone else that can help.

I'll send you a PM later to get a bit more info. No need to worry about me stealing your ideas, I already have too many game ideas in various stages of planning now! :D

6. Alright. If all else fails, my programming teacher, who has been programming as long as you have can help me.

7. CommanderData

Patreon Indie

Hmmmm, I think you had better go ahead and ask your teacher for assistance... No offense, but if you're still in school you probably can't afford to hire out anyway (unless you happen to be living in a mansion in Beverly Hills, or are not looking for a professional to work for you). Also you should be saving for college ;)

Good luck to you, maybe one of the many young coders here would be willing to join forces with you! :)

8. Thanks.