Universal Lub vs Dub [Universal] - Out now!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by allornothingJM, Jul 30, 2013.

1. allornothingJM

Jul 30, 2013
    #1 allornothingJM, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
    Hey - we're very proud to announce our first indie game Lub vs Dub has hit App Store worldwide, for iPad and iPhone (Universal)

Lub vs Dub

** APP STORE FEATURED & #1 APP IN OVER 30 COUNTRIES **
    ** BAFTA AWARD WINNING! **

Lub vs Dub: A 2 play…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Lub vs Dub: A 2 player (and single player!) game with a lot of heart!

'a brilliant blast of twisting platform genius' - Pocket Gamer

"A smart twist on the common endless runner genre" - IGN

'at its most hilarious against other payers' - iPhoneClub

Lub vs Dub is an award-winning competitive 'infinite runner' with a twist - two players run at the same time, on the same device! Run, Jump and Flip around either side of the central ECG line, collecting hearts and using power-ups to boost your performance, and hinder your opponents!

Winner of several ‘Best Game’ and ‘Best Tech’ awards at 2013’s Scottish Game Jam, Lub vs Dub merges the simplicity of infinite running, with the competitive battles of racing games in a slick, minimalist, heart-beat themed world. All of this on one device where both players hold the iPad between them and battle it out in real time.

And if face to face competition isn’t your thing (or you just want to practice on your own) there is a full featured single player mode with it’s own gameplay style, power-ups, leaderboards and achievements.

Features:

Frantic & fun 2-player competitive battles - on the same device!
    Single Player Mode - full featured game mode with unique gameplay!
    Slick, fast, and gorgeous minimalistic Retina Ready graphics!
    Universal Binary - play the game on your phone or iPad!
    GameCenter - Leaderboards to climb and Achievements to earn!

“a ridiculously solid, polished and complete entry... a triumph of game design” - Calm Down Tom

“a unique, minimalist endless runner” - Gamezebo
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Jul 30, 2013
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (7)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

TRAILER: http://vimeo.com/wearefuturo/lubvsdub

[​IMG]

Lub vs Dub: A 2 player game with a lot of hearts!

Lub vs Dub is an award-winning competitive 'infinite runner' with a twist - two players run at the same time, on the same device! Run, Jump and Flip around either side of the central ECG line, collecting hearts and using power-ups to boost your performance, and hinder your opponents!

[​IMG]

Winner of several ‘Best Game’ and ‘Best Tech’ awards at 2013’s Scottish Game Jam, Lub vs Dub merges the simplicity of infinite running, with the competitive battles of racing games in a slick, minimalist, heart-beat themed world. All of this on one device where both players hold the iPad between them and battle it out in real time.

[​IMG]

And if face to face competition isn’t your thing (or you just want to practice on your own) there is a full featured single player mode with it’s own gameplay style, power-ups, leaderboards and achievements.

Features:

• Frantic & fun 2-player competitive battles - on the same device!
    • Single Player Mode - full featured game mode with unique gameplay!
    • Slick, fast, and gorgeous minimalistic Retina Ready graphics!
    • Universal Binary - play the game on your phone or iPad!
    • GameCenter - Leaderboards to climb and Achievements to earn!

“a ridiculously solid, polished and complete entry... a triumph of game design” - Calm Down Tom

Here are some free codes! (Please post if you took one!)

TWN73HFE779X
    A6WX69NYHTMH

Let me know what you think, and whilst it has a pretty robust single player - please give the 2 player a try with a friend/family member/cat, thats the award winning bit!

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    A6WX69NYHTMH redeemed. Thanks! Can't promise I'll be able to try out the 2 player mode right now, but you can bet I'll post some impressions in a little bit. :)

3. allornothingJM

Jul 30, 2013
    Enjoy!

(mods: not sure why moved to iPhone/iPod when its a universal? It's best enjoyed on the pad :))

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Thanks. :)

About moving the thread: Even though nothing's in concrete, normally when apps are universal, threads are made in the iPhone/iPod touch section. Games with threads that are only in the iPad section are usually considered iPad Only. Plus, you'll get much more exposure here. ;)

That said, since this indeed a universal title, you're entirely free to create a second thread (that won't replace this) in the iPad section if you want to. :)

5. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    #5 sink_or_swim, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    Damn it, can't use the code because of the bad internet connection :(

Lub vs Dub

Lub vs Dub: A 2 play…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Lub vs Dub: A 2 player (and single player!) game with a lot of heart!

'a brilliant blast of twisting platform genius' - Pocket Gamer

"A smart twist on the common endless runner genre" - IGN

'at its most hilarious against other payers' - iPhoneClub

Features:

Frantic & fun 2-player competitive battles - on the same device!
    Single Player Mode - full featured game mode with unique gameplay!
    Slick, fast, and gorgeous minimalistic Retina Ready graphics!
    Universal Binary - play the game on your phone or iPad!
    GameCenter - Leaderboards to climb and Achievements to earn!

Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Jul 30, 2013
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (7)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

6. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Only played single player so far absolutely love it. Very well made and executed. Style-wise (not gameplay-wise) like PUK and Bitless.
    This is a proper high score runner which takes skill, precision and some luck (and no IAPs). Would be great to see the leaderboard swell.
    I'm Off on holiday next week and this'll replace OLO to play with my kidz on 2 player. Absolute peach of a game. Hope it does well.

7. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Reminds me that I'd love to see Vib Ribbon on iOS. Russian Dancing Men is fundamentally the same game, but I'd still love to see the original VR.

[​IMG]

8. NarrowStreet

NarrowStreet Well-Known Member

I love this "clean" art style :) I played it and it is a really nice endless game. If you like games as Super Hexagon, then it is a good choice.

9. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    What in the name of...

Off to Google..

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    While the single player mode in itself is challenging, reaction-testing, heart-rate increasing fun, I made the mistake of checking out the 2 player mode by myself and cannot wait until I play this with my girlfriend. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say if you own an iPad and are into side-scrolling endless runners, you have to own this. This and Canabalt. That's it. While I do love a lot of other endless runners, these are the bare necessities. Canabalt for that (still) unparallelled experience and this to scratch that multiplayer itch. It's seriously that good.

Other than that, what I want to say can't be said any better than the above mentioned quote. So I'm posting it here again and shutting up:

This just came out of nowhere and (no pun intended) stole my heart. What a stupid bargain for a dollar without IAPs! Highly, highly recommended.

11. allornothingJM

Jul 30, 2013
    Thank you so much :) Means a lot to hear things like this now that it's finally in the wild :)

And Vib Ribbon - a classic!!

12. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Thanks for the impressions metalcasket, I'll buy this when I'm home from work. See you on the leaderboards :)

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There's a whole lotta love in this th--yeah, I'll stop. :p

Trust me guys...it hasn't been said in this thread, but I'm with everyone who says "endless runners have gotten stale and I don't want anymore". No. Make space for this. Like I said above: You need it.

You...stay away from me! :p Oh God...I'm already second on the leaderboards. *sees SOS & Andy waving from afar and runs away*

14. dotie

dotie Member

Jul 30, 2013
    yyz
    Can't stop thinking game should've been called "bud vs dub" :)

15. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Is it possible to change the buttons so I can jump by tapping on the left side?

16. allornothingJM

Jul 30, 2013
    Not at the moment, but we can probably add that function into the next update as we already support it happening with the 'concussion' power in 2-player :)

17. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Screenshot 5 shows the jump button on the left side ?!
    Good i waited a minute to look for an answer. In this case,
    no buy until it's available. Too much used to that layout.
    Any video ?

18. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    In the OP, just not embedded.

19. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #20 Qwertz555, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    Thank you and thanks to Sanuku.

Since the update should be coming (change buttons) and i can't
    resist to a good runner, i'm buying it in this very minute.

Gameplay looks buttersmooth with good controls and excellent music.

Edit: plays great but i'm too confused with this layout. Since there isn't (yet, i hope) a screen
    orientation, i tried to play it upside down but it's not comfy at all. Eagerly waiting.