Universal 3D Skill Driving Game, Hondune's Truck Trials

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hondune, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hondune

Hondune Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Not much unfortunately. Ive been really busy with other projects and programming work for another company.

I have two new vehicles, the one you see above and a competition style rock crawler. But im at a loss as for what to make for more levels, any ideas?

Although its been quite some time this game actually still sells each week (pleasantly surprising considering it was my first project, man ive learned a lot since then!). Id like to get one more update out with some new levels, the new vehicles, and possibly drop the price down to $0.99.

2. stooone

stooone Member

Dec 9, 2009
    what physics engine are you using?

the game is awesome! I am curious what physics engine you are using in the game.

Thanks
    Stoone

3. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    I'll download it in a few minutes but i'd like to ask to the developer if an iPhone 5 screen support is possible.

4. Hondune

Feb 22, 2009
    Its using the nVidia PhysX engine.

I believe it is supported however i am not entirely certain. This game was released with an old version of unity and xcode, long before the iphone 5 was out, however it is set to run at the highest resolution possible so it should be supported (certain UI elements might be a tad weird, but *shouldnt* be game breaking)

5. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I think he was more wondering if the game could be optimized for the wider screen of the iPhone 5. Right now it will work on the iPhone 5, but it won't fill it's larger screen. There will be bars on both ends.

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    So...after a somewhat disappointing week of releases I picked this up. For being an older game, this is pretty damn cool. I used to play Ouch! like crazy and this is turning out to be just as fun.

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Haha talk about an oldie, I played this to death when it released its a great game. I remember asking the dev if he would be improving it when I got my iPad bout I think he said something about working on different or new games now. Either way I agree even though it's a bit old it's still cool.

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    one of the best appstore's oldies that you shouldn't missed. ;)

9. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    The music in the gameplay trailer just made my day lol!!!!

10. Hondune

Feb 22, 2009
    So awesome to see you guys are still enjoying this game! Thats pretty cool to see :)

Theres some cool stuff in the works over here, keep your eyes out in the upcoming months ;)

11. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Awesome of you to check in! Cool stuff as in a new game or updates to this game? I'll be keeping my eyes peeled either way..big fan of your games ;)

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    easily being one of App Store best. in fact i want to make a gameplay video of this once the update goes live, please let me know. i will feature this game on my youtube channel. :)

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I really wish there was more games like this as I played the hell out of this when it was released and haven't really found much like it since, :confused:

14. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    There is Tricky Truck, I just bought it, but this game is waaay better.

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Lol I just bought tricky truck this morning too :D it's certainly tricky alright. But I agree this is better, just wish the controls were more iPad friendly, it was alright when I first played it as I only had my iPod touch which it works sweet on but the controls on iPad are a bit to into the middle of the screen. Still perfectly playable but could be better.

The only other game I'd reccomend it's ultra 4 racing.

16. Hondune

Feb 22, 2009
  17. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Awesome sauce! Look forward playing the part deux of the best car trial game.