what are the bests gamebook games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Markku, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I tried one really digged it now I want them all, only the really good ones for IOS

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    #2 Fangbone, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Not sure if these are what you're looking for but I consider them game books.
    Joe Dever's Lone Wolf
    Sorcery!
    Sorcery 2!
    80 Days
    Device 6
    An Assassin in Orlandes

3. Empfmil

Empfmil Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    I guess this is not purely a gamebook game, but it does feel like one a lot: King of Dragon Pass. You get lots of text with story and then have to make important dwcisions about what just happened.

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    80 Days! It's the best!!!

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Great list, but personally, i would replace Assassin in Orlandes with Trial of the Clone ;)

6. wicro

wicro Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Scotland
    As Exact-Psience said this is a great list. I would add the Fighting Fantasy books to this of which there a a few now. The only problem with Lone Wolf and the Sorcery! books are that they are such good conversions , with totally new presentation they make the 'old' Fighting Fantasy books look a bit primitive now :p (i still love them though)!

7. Kapamilya2

Kapamilya2 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Been wanting to try one myself. Thank you for the recommendations.

8. Rennerd

Rennerd Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    What about all the Gamebook Adventures?

9. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    King of dragons pass is complicated as shiz. It's not a bad game... But I personally just havnt had the time to get invested. If your into that though, definintly try it or read a review.

10. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Huh I had never even heard of Trial of the Clone. Definitely looks good. Goin in my wish list

11. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Overlive
    Most of the Tin Man Games game books, not just the Fighting Fantasy series
    King of Dragon Pass
    Sorcery!
    Lone Wolf
    Fabled Lands 2 Gold edition

12. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Sorcery! books are really well done and evolve the genre while remaining faithful to the original material, the Fighting Fantasy books are fine, but largely for nostalgia reasons, depending on title they can suffer the dead end syndrome. The Lone Wolf books I haven't enjoyed, I admire them for trying something different and presentation is fantastic, but things feel a bit linear (at least going off the first one).

This is Not a Test is a post apocalyptic pick a path comic, it's very unforgiving but again tries something different. Not iOS specific but if you can track down the Dice Man comics and have ever heard of the 2000AD comics, you may like for quick bites.

13. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woah that looks great!

15. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Looks great! And it's right around the corner!

16. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    Very much aware, very much have been anticipating for what seems a long while now and very much am going to buy release day! Now go get some rights to Freeway Warriors, Grail Quest, Knightmare and some other good game book series so I can relive my younger years through the sorcery of technology!

17. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

Done. :D

18. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    I'm a married straight man mind you... But I think I may love you! #

Now that I am content in knowing the release date of Agents of F.E.A.R. I now feel like the arduous waiting begins again knowing that those two series are now in the works! And let me tell you, I always liked the Fightting Fantasy books, but I LOVE the Grail Quest series and Frreway Warrior series!

19. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #19 september, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Yeah great news

Edit: I didn't realise Starship Traveller had been released, looks fantastic with the new original artwork. Better had hit the buy button.

20. Empfmil

Empfmil Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    I may not get agreement on this, but I would say Layton Brothers and the Phoenix Wright games could count as gamebooks.