Barren Roads: Multiplayer Apocalypse Fallout/DayZ Survival Game iOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by voncarp, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chutch20

Chutch20 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2015
    Is there a testflight beta? Cause that's what I thought you meant when you said test online

2. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    No,not Currently,There will be a Testfligh Beta,not sure When.I've The First Testflight Beta Build,Not The Apple Testflight,But The Old Testflight,I test the Build,But I'm Alone,cause I don't Find anybody Online,since the Testers was coming from around the world.

3. jdawg101

jdawg101 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Is this thread still active?

4. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    So.... nothing new?

5. Bad_Trip

Bad_Trip Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    I was super excited for this game, but it seems like it may be a dead end... Earlier in the thread the expected release date for atleast a beta was summer. This game if it were hyped up on Touch Arcade's front page could have made a lot of money considering the lack of multiplayer zombie games for IOS. Definitely a shame the game's development seems to have stopped.

6. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Oh my Goodness!Why are you so impatient?Look at voncarp's twitter,he is constantly posting there,it's just he is an INDIE DEVELOPER,he is a solo developer,there is no way in heck he will be able to make the testflight beta that quickly.

7. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Totally Agree,it's One Man Working on This Game,and a Huge Game.

8. addictor

addictor Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Any updates or this game will never ever will be released ?

9. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    didnt u read the posts above!!!!!!!

10. No. It hasn't stopped. It has progressed considerably since I last posted on here. The game is a mono based application. It was always cross platform.

Apologies, I was unable to reach my deadlines that I've previously mentioned, however; the game is much improved and better than I expected after running a Steam Early Access. Steam Early Access exposed a number of flaws that I didn't expect, especially matching players from other countries and having a large number of players online at one time. It gave me an opportunity to open servers in other countries and its constantly being battle tested. A game of this scale has its issues. Many unexpected. By running tests on PC's I am able to make builds and updates faster as I don't have to run through XCode. As mentioned above, its mono based. Every issue I fix on one platform fixes it for all platforms. The only difference, is the way the game looks.

I understand your frustrations. This game will come to iOS. I assure you that. I just don't want to promise when. Some issues are easy to fix, and others took a little more time than I anticipated.

The builds I have been making now are much more optimized and far superior to any previous builds that I've released. And thousands of players have made suggestions and sent feedback for this project. It will be highly tested the next time I bring it back to mobiles. Will it be flawless? No. But, it is much better than any test build or video that I've previously released.

Stay tuned and thanks for the support.

11. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    I'm just glad to hear from you. Hopefully things go easy peasy with your game and we will expect the game when it is closest to its release! Thank you for keeping us updated!

12. meowthefox

meowthefox Active Member

Oct 13, 2014
    I agree, it's good to know that the game is still going strong. It's been while since I was last on the forums. It's good to see that this game has gained significant progress since then. Especially for one guy. I'm glad this wasn't scrapped and turned into a side project. Ready to give you my money when the day comes.

13. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
  14. Duelante

Duelante Active Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Mobile Game development
    Copenhagen
    I would highly recommend Installr (https://www.installrapp.com/ ) for iOS and Android test distribution. We are currently using it for all our testing and its extremely easy and smooth. Kicks ass over everything else we have tried!

15. Cerxop65

May 16, 2015
    What happend with this no news in 3 months

16. infinityking

infinityking Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015
    At least will it be in 2016?:)

17. Cerxop65

May 16, 2015
    I'm with u like ive been waiting since last year

18. infinityking

May 2, 2015
    If the game's not dead PLS REPLY#

19. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Check his Twitter if you want more news,guys.It is still under development.

20. infinityking

May 2, 2015
    Oh right thanks!(geez why didn't i think of that)