Fruity Loops or Garage Band whats better?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Movementcat, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Movementcat

Movementcat Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Whats better to Create House Soungs as Newb

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'd recommend Nano Studio or Beatmaker 2 over either of these.

3. Movementcat

Movementcat Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Maybe you have a hint for an really really simple easy music programm? i dont know anything i even cant play any music machine.

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Are you on iPhone/iPod or an iPad?

All of the above listed apps shouldn't be too difficult to work with - FL Studio does have that nice & easy step sequencer though.

Unless you're going to record all the bits live, you will want to familiarize yourself with the "piano roll" interface most music apps use.

Play with these basic sequencers (both free)
    Melodica
    TonePad

...and Music Studio might not suit your needs for House music, but is the same engine as FL Studio, so you should try it: it has a free Lite Version.

If you need more impressions of music apps, hit the search button and type in "apps for musicians" there's lots of good stuff in there.

5. fruit

fruit New Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Try Groovemaker, its more song mixing than producing but you can be satisfied quite fast. And it has lite editions.

6. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    GarageBand has some really nice synth patches in it, and they are all real synthesis and not based on samples like a lot of apps in the store. Also has some good drum kits. if you want something that is really great but more general purpose, go with GarageBand.

It has no step sequencer or piano roll, though. but out of pretty much every music app available, GarageBand is probably the easiest one to use in the AppStore.

the good thing is you have a lot of options.

7. fluffyguitarist

fluffyguitarist Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm CEO, bitch.
    Stuck in Limbo
    Pro Tools.

Unless you really think you're going to be super cool by making music on your iwhatever, just get Pro Tools for your computer. FL Studio/Garageband are for no0bs.

But Thump is good for house.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Oh snap, I thought he meant iOS? :confused:

If you're talking PC/Mac, Pick up Reason. ;) Later, get Cubase to host your VSTs. Or if you're cheap, pick up any copy of Computer Music and use their sequencer/VSTs.

9. fluffyguitarist

fluffyguitarist Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm CEO, bitch.
    Stuck in Limbo
    Last time I checked FL Studio isn't for iOS.

Reason is alright, I am a lot more fond of Native Instrument's products. The Mouth, Massive, Razor, and Guitar Rig. :love

and Pro Tools. Forever and ever.

10. Naxera

Naxera Active Member

Apr 13, 2011
    I don't about house music specifically but I have tried in order GarageBand (Mac, a few finished tracks), FL Studio (PC, no finished tracks), and FL Studio Mobile (iPhone, several finished tracks). FL Mobile is all I use now. FL Studio (desktop) was harder for me to learn than the other two.

11. gammabeam

gammabeam Well-Known Member

You should try NanoStudio. It's more complex than GarageBand (which I recommend over Fruity Loops), but it's made from a smaller company and they really need the support ;)

The features in GarageBand is more streamlined, and you'll be able to make some songs easier (especially if simulating real instruments like basses, guitars...) for eletronic instruments, go for NanoStudio! :D

12. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    If you don't know anything about music yet, it's best to start with Freeware for a few months before buying a big expensive box of software. Garageband is a good choice for this IMO.

13. qwertyops

qwertyops New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    You're retarded. It's been out since June of 2011

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Dude... for real?