Siri: It's Finest Moments

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Barcâ, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Have you asked Siri something or told her something and have her respond in an entire differently way than you expected? If so post a screenshot here for all the world to enjoy.

Be sure to describe the context of your conversation with her so that we can understand a bit of whats happening.

I asked Siri to find me Sports Bars, and this is what I got:

[​IMG]

2. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    are you sure? :p

3. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Oh absolutely.

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I've been reading sites dedicated all day to shit she's been replying to and man it's great. I want a 4S just for Siri, but unfortunately I won't be able to marry her =(

5. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Don't see the problem tbh. Congrats to the techs at Apple for writing such a good AI system that it knows what you really want! :)

I need to get this thing installed in my wife.

6. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    I read that the developers designed Siri to have a slight attitude, and boy does it show. I asked some more-than-sexual-inappropriate questions and she mainly responded with an "Ooh!" or "Don't use that language" I got a "It really is not my style" when I asked her if she ever kissed a girl".

I get a Cleverbot vibe from her sometimes, and its definitely an awesome addition to the iPhone. Granted its a beta feature, and once the API is open to devs we shall see some AMAZING things.

7. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    #7 sid187, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
    the only complaint iv seen so far is its a battery hog.. but thats from video of guys using it none stop asking it question after question.. in normal use im sure it will be fine..

chris.

i found this spoof rather funny; even tho there are a million.. more than a handfull is way to many youtube videos of it being used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sCx_VvGi4I&feature=related

8. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that's the price you pay for any type of recognition software, be it for smart phones, computers or whatever. It's very resource intensive. Dragon naturally speaking on my laptop gobbles up memory like its going out of style, and vlingo (and google voice) drain my battery if you use it constantly (so does the speech app when I use voice for a text msg for that matter).