Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Anyone know if TWD or any Telltale games are on Google Play?

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Telltale site is hopeless, with it sounding like Season 2 will use your save, is there any way you can get rid of episode 1 and 5 installs without getting rid of your save? Almost need an official intermediary app if that's the case, something that takes the save information and retains it for Season 2 to read, allowing you to delete the game itself.

Other than that great game, some of the facial expressions were a little out of place at times but story, characters and level of interaction felt liked it worked. Reminded me of Heavy Rain a bit in execution but had a more human and desperate vibe.

Looking forward to Season 2, would like to get rid of install but would rather not risk my save game.

3. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I personally can see the save feature coming to iOS, how can they do it unless they had a sign in feature with season 1, which they didn't, or just update the season 1 app to include the next levels as well, all in one, but that is very unlikely. With consoles and pcs all your stuff is saved onto the hard-drive, and iOS devices don't do that

4. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Maybe it'll be an update for the first season where it adds a function for season 2 to access the games files with user permission like video apps access your photos,just a thought

5. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    I can't download the episodes, I've purchased them but they won't download. Restarted my iPhone 5, tried different wi-fi connections. No luck.

6. meatz666

meatz666 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
    It pisses me off

This game is awesome, featured most Game of the Year lists, but people go to the AppStore and rate this game 1 because:
    - They are trying to run it on old hardware;
    - 99.99% of the customers are able to run the game flawlessly, but they complaint that can't dowload/game crashes/etc, even if they running it in an iPad with 2 megs of free space
    -They think the game is expensive. Cause it's a rip off to pay a tenner for an awesome game, but paying £40 for the Battleship game on PS3 is fair, you know... Because is for PS3, comes in a Blu-ray, you know...

Ridiculous that this game has 4 stars on AppStore... It's just sad.

7. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    We're do they save to then...?

Exporting data wouldn't be a huge issue I wouldn't think regardless, I'll keep my saves and install in the meantime just in case. The continuity would be good if it happens.

8. meatz666

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
    Relax... iOS wouldn't store your save, in the very past. It's 2013 and iOS do store your saves. I know because there are some games that's its pretty hard to get rid of their saves

9. Joyomi

Joyomi Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Virginia
    I have it on Xbox. This game feels very depressing, the story and characters are great. The actual gameplay is flat out terrible though.

10. meatz666

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
    Normally savegames stay local to the device and disappear if you re-install apps or load a previous backup

Ok. Re-hashed adventure gameplay is not your cup of tea. But would you give 1 star to this game?

11. meatz666

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
    #591 meatz666, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
    Conclusion

I'm not assuming that everybody should LOVE this game. But I get really mad when I see, on the AppStore:
    1 star
    Review: the game is too expensive
    "Capcom skin DLC for U MvsC3... £3. All walking dead episodes? £10.
    My gooooood, it's sooooo expensive!
    People should get a job....

12. Joyomi

Joyomi Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Virginia
    I would give it like 4 stars. I really did like the game alot, although it did stutter and lag. Without the story and characters, the game would be trash.

13. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Almost all iOS gamers are cheap! They expect every game to be $1.00:(

14. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Yeah, That's exactly why we don't get many games as good as TWD, cheap basterds like those.

Either that or we get scammed with freemium bait.

15. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    This game is better than most console games that I wasted £40 on, like MW3 example, absolute rubbish. To say that this game is too expensive at £15 = mentally insane.

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally decided to play more of this since I'm on a 4-hour ride. Just finished ch. one of TT’s Walking Dead. Oh my goodness. After seeing the teaser for ch. two..can’t wait to play on. So, so good.. Going to play it straight through on the ride back Sunday night. Great experience on the iPad. Very moving game and the writing is excellent.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    You're in for a treat. Wish I could erase my memory and experience the game for the first time again.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well said... Let me know if you find a way to do that. I'll ride in with you.

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Part 2 of TellTale’s Walking Dead..wow. All the critical acclaim this game received..there was a reason. Not many games hit you like this. Just blazed through the chapter. I was literally shaking during the last parts of the chapter. Going to start part three now. Still an hour left on this ride. Such a powerful story.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Gotta find a time machine first...darn those are hard to come by though. This Dr. Porky von Fufu fellow seems like a type who might know where one is, though. Maybe he's a witch doctor of sorts who specializes in time travel.

Just a guess, though.