Universal Get Me Outta Here (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Jayg2015, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Awesome! If you listen closely it has the authentic sound as well :D Thanks for supporting us also! Super thankful for everyone who is playing the game. Was really fun last night to watch Carter live stream it.

2. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Took first place for ya ;) didn't even kill last boss once again, #thestruggle

3. Dang! You got 5 stars without killing the final boss? Can't wait to see your high score with a perfect run :) With the difficulty modifiers turned up its possible to get some really crazy scores.

Would love to see someone make a video of a sweet combo run.

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #64 LordShad0wz, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Lol I can barely take on the effing cow!!

You guys always make intense games. I love it. I'm so glad you teamed up with Crescent Moon. They are an awesome Publisher.

You know what I want for a skin? Atleast I don't see it. How about the pulse rifle from the Alien movies. I know it couldn't be exact because of licensing but it could be very close :)

What about outfits? Have you guys thought of adding a mode where he finds armor or something?

I really dig this game!!! Here is the 5 star review I just left on the AppStore. It should show up tomorrow:

First off the developers AND the Publisher are awesome at making and releasing games. If you look at other Rossman titles and other crescent Moon games you will see some of the most fun games on the App Store. As to this game, it has so much going for it. It is an amazing retro style platforming shooter with excellent on screen controls that are actually designed for touch screen devices. The art style, sounds, music, effects, and gameplay are just awesome! The game has many different modes. The game has different weapons. The game has skins for each weapon and a coin system to buy the skins but you cannot buy the coins with real money. You must play to earn them! That's just awesome! The gameplay is designed based on skill so each weapon has its own board and the skins are only visual changes and do not effect gameplay. There are modifiers you can change to make the game easier or harder which will help or harm your score. The choice is yours. The game is accessible to anyone. If you don't want to pay you can watch an ad to play a certain weapon and mode. If you want to double the coins you can watch an ad. If you want to just unlock the game which includes double coins and all modes its only $5. I ended going with the $10 option to get the special light gun skins. The game is absolutely worth the price. There is so much replay ability. There's voice acting and just a lot of humor and a whole lot of fun. Thank you devs for a great game!!

Billy

5. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    I can combo whole game easy, it's just a struggle killing last boss while keeping combo, I saved shield and freeze and still get Messed up lol

6. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    If you had a pc build I could make some fun streams/vods, to bad I'm not set up for iOS streams

7. Hahaha! Tips for anyone struggling: Use the Easier Modifiers. Master the Roll. Spam bosses with as man bullets as you can. The overheat shot does a ton of damage too. Don't worry about combos when you're first time trying to be the game.

We would love to add stuff like that! Outfits might be tough because the character sprites are made up of multiple animations. But a couple bonus characters could be really cool! They could have their own weapons and advantages, and be an option under the choose your weapon screen and have their own leaderboards. Not sure how much we will be able to add, but if the game gets a lot of users this could be a really cool one to put some work into :)

Thanks for sharing! My favorite part about the two games we have now released is the first couple weeks and just hearing what people think. Super fan. Really appreciate it from everyone.

Nice Man! I think when people first play the game they think how could I ever keep a combo and beat the game. Then you start to notice it is doable. It's still tough. I feel like I lose my combo in random careless ways. But trying to keep a combo towards the end definitely adds to the franticness of the game. Glad to see you're getting it down :D

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I always put credit where credit's due my friend.

Billy

9. Wow! So awesome to wake up this morning and read this review from Carter: Get Me Outta Here Review
    He explains the game really well and catches a ton of the details we put into it. It's been really cool to see all you guys enjoying it as well as a review like that. It is a bit risky to make a game that you know will have some controls that players need to learn to get used to. But so glad people have been sticking around and finding the intense gameplay that can come once you get them down. The Roll Mechanic is a huge part of the game in this regard.
    Anyway. Thank you everyone who has been playing the game. Excited to continue to hear what people think and suggestions they have.

:D

10. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I think the enemies come out a bit too slow at the beginning. I'm trying to combo the whole game and it's a bit of a drag waiting around for a door to open.

11. AlchimiaStudios

AlchimiaStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Game Studio
    Yeah great review, hits it all on the head. Loving the game, but man the highscores people are getting are crazy, I can't keep up :p.

12. #72 RossmanBrothersGames, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    There is definitely some strategy for that especially early on. Waiting to kill enemies until you combo is blinking to lengthen out the combo when things are slow. You can also not kill all the pink bouncing guys so that a few of them are bouncing around the level that you can take out if you get in trouble. Killing all the enemies too fast will leave you with none to kill when your combo is running out.

Thanks! Haha yeah there is some tough competition lol

13. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Back arrows and pause seem very unresponsive on 7 Plus, can you make larger hit boxes or increase responsiveness? Anyone else notice this?

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Ranked #8 on the leaderboard now.
    I Beat my previous score

Attached Files:

15. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Aww I'm sad there won't be mfi support :( I've added this to my watchlist just in case :)

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    You are cheating again. Devs please wipe the leaderboard. Specifically the 8th place holder. Hehe

Billy

17. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Haha.
    I use the 10% off score to make it easier. I need to do it on the hardest difficulty and try. I won't get far I foresee

18. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    It's sad but if you play for a minutes you'll find that the swipe controls are really spot on. Give it a shot! :)

19. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Oh man, got a code the other day for Get me outta here and by now I'm really really impressed and addicted hahaha. A couple of suggestions, tho:
    -Endless mode really shines but when a lot of enemies on screen there are moments when the game starts lagging.
    -Also I think it could be convenient if the 'skip intro' banner appeared only on the bottom or Top not on both.
    -A nice touch could be arrows on the margen of the screen indicating where are the enemies to be cautious.
    I really would like that this game do well on the AppStore because is pure arena fun!

I'm playing on an iPad 4 with iOS 9.3.2 btw.

20. Wow! First we wake up to a great review from Carter, than see the Game of the Week post this evening. We are so pumped. Great day! Thanks Touch Arcade staff for playing the game. And a continued thanks to all of you on this thread! :D

Yes, that could be a good idea, the pause hit box is a lot bigger than the little button, but it could be a bit bigger so you don't miss it during an intense part. Back buttons could be a little larger too. I've got some work done on fixing little bugs that have come up in the launch, add this to things to look at.

Haha!

You can do it!

Thank you! And great suggestions. Are you referring to how the SKIP button appears on the top for the intro, but on the bottom for the boss cut scenes?