Best/Favorite Tower Defense game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by shfrost, Sep 7, 2017.

1. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    After burning out on the tower defense genre some years back, I find myself getting into it again. Currently enjoying Kingdom Rush Origins, and would appreciate recommendations on best or favorite like titles. And do I really have to pay twice foe KRO? If so, why bother with the Cloud. Saves, I suppose. But, I mean ... sheesh.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    TD games that blew me away and ate so much of my time:

Crystal Siege (almost MOBA-like)
    Castle Doombad
    Over-the-Top Tower Defense

3. gamingaficionado

gamingaficionado Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    cursed treasure hd
    cursed treasure hd 2
    demons vs fairyland

4. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Plants vs Zombies
    Castle Doombad
    Tiny Defense

5. kentlake

kentlake Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Alien Demons TD

I love Classic Tower Defense game.Type these keywords on Appstore and I found Alien Demons TD. It'sa solid,well-polished path winding TD with great gameplay. I've been having fun so far and felt that the resurgence of Classic Tower Defense is coming back.

6. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    How does it compare to the Kingdom Rush series? (my current addiction)

7. kentlake

kentlake Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Well, I cannot tell you which one is better but I can list some differences here:
    The most significant one is that Alien Demons TD is Classic TD game and there are some others:
    1. Alien Demons TD is a path winding TD game, you can lengthen the demons' maze using towers.
    2. Invasions in Alien Demons is nonstop that you have to lenghthen maze, build towers and check-out new waves of enemies at the same time, kind of action game haha.
    3. The theme and 3D graphics, so obvious.
    4. Find it by yourself.
    I am into classic, original TD game,path winding game, so I prefer Alien Demons TD but if someone like heroic TD game, kingdom Rush could be the best one.

8. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Liquid Tower Defence
    (On Warcraft 3 ;)

9. rskogl2

rskogl2 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 13, 2014
    There is a game from awhile back called "Star Defense" by ngmoco that I really enjoyed. I tried to find it in the App Store but it is gone, however, I can still download it from iCloud...also not sure if it is tower defense but "Anomaly: Warzone Earth" is pretty well polished.

10. Mitchismo

Mitchismo Member

Dec 12, 2009
    I loved Star Defense back in the day—but I can't find it anywhere anymore. If anyone has an .ipa of it, my license should still be good. Give me a shout. Unfortunately I didn't back it up before the store went way, but still have a device capable of playing it and a means of getting the app on it as long as it's legit.

11. Adeptus

Adeptus New Member

Apr 8, 2024
    Kingdom Rush series, but I am not sure which one is my favourite.