World Without End by Steve Uy (Avengers Initiative, XMen)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by steveruy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Any news? I am assuming this is now dead.

2. steveruy

steveruy Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Comic book guy/ game creator/director
    NY
    No, it's still going. I'm hoping to make an announcement within the next few months once I have a better idea of a release date. Not sure if I'll put that in a new "official" thread or keep it in this one though.

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I'm glad to hear an update. Still eager to play this!

4. footnote

footnote Active Member

May 12, 2012
    I have been watching this since the kickstarter. Very excited to hear that there is progress being made on this.

5. Onikage725

Onikage725 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    I'm glad this is still in development! I've been looking forward to this and telling friends since I found the Kickstarter (which was finished by the time I stumbled across it).

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #86 undeadcow, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    We are approaching the 2 year anniversary of the game being announced so that's cause for celebration if nothing else, right?

Edit: That screenshot in the first post looks newer... :eek:

7. footnote

footnote Active Member

May 12, 2012
    news?

I am dying to hear any updates about this project. I think I honestly google this about once a day to see if anything is out there.. no luck yet, but seems like it is still in development though.

Seeing if the developer is willing to spill any news to us yet?

8. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
    Thanks for the sustained interest despite the delays.
    Yes, I am still continuing the game. However, because it was taking too long and there wasn't any budget to get additional devs on it (it's only me and one dev at this point), I decided to start another, smaller game a few months ago. Hopefully that one will come out much quicker and give us a source of revenue as we continue World Without End.

With any luck, I'll post news on that game here by the end of the month, but if you want a sneak peak, just look through my website. It's still a work in progress though.
    I'll also be posting up news as they come in my website and twitter @SteveUyArt.

For anyone who's disappointed that World Without End is being delayed in favor of another game, don't be: this new game takes place in the same world and is linked to the story in WWoE. So you're definitely gonna want to play this before WWoE anyways!

9. footnote

footnote Active Member

May 12, 2012
    Awesome - Although I will admit that I have not played an endless runner before, I will definitely give it a shot since the artwork looks top notch (and since it is tied into the World Without End story). Best of luck.

10. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
    It's not an "endless" runner, although there will be a bonus "endless" mode for purists.
    I've never found the appeal of endless runners, constantly repeating the same levels just to get a better score, and then being forced to pay for IAP just to get a better score than your friends.

Oasis is a finite runner, with a definite beginning, middle, and end, and permanent RPG style upgrades that you'll never have to pay for. You'll be playing for progress and story, not for score. But I'll get more into that once we're ready to do an official announcement...