iPad DEAD TRIGGER 2 - (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by xiSx, Oct 23, 2013.

1. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    My focus was upgrading tech level first to get more money for missions and to unlock stronger weapons to buy. The Dual Uzi and M4 are quite powerful and available early, so i decided to max out these.
    Good thing is, now i get quick gratification when playing as i earn at a decent rate and items and guns aren´t that expensive.

What do you guys think of the redone world map and the new story mission?
    I have a feeling this update will hook me again.

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I like the new world map a lot.
    Its very subtle and familiar but a very solid clearer improvement.
    Plus it's always nice to have more campaign.

I'm very curious to see what its like when it hits what they consider version 1.0 (0.6 at the moment) because it definitely improves every time.

3. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    I was a big fan of DT1 but hadn't given this one a try until yesterday.

I was pleasantly surprised to find it had all the great gameplay of the first one and more. At first I wasn't sure about the auto firing thing but I actually got used to it and now find that it works quite well. Can be a little frustrating when you accidentally tag a barrel you didn't see but overall it's working for me.

Money progression seems decent in the early parts. I'm up to level 11 and haven't felt like I couldn't keep up with the Zombie strength. I wish the money doubler was a little cheaper as I'm not sure I want to invest $5 in this one yet.

4. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Just paired an mfi and man is this games walking and aiming sloooooow

5. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Another update is out. Anyone tried it yet?

What's new

Summer Explorer Update

Join the SPECIAL MISSION, travel the world and earn more money than ever before.

BRING IT ON - refreshing summer update in sight. Get global and fight. New city - new mission - new challenge, every day. On top of that full load of rewards.

We hope you will love it every day.

1. Siberia: Unlock Tech Rank 10
    ===================================

Are you a HARD CORE player? Brace yourself for new region known as POWER-T10. What’s inside?
    Unique Hideout skin
    New weapons from Tech 10, which other players will envy - Winchester 94 + KSG

Enjoy exclusive Siberia PLAY

2. Daily Mission

Everyday a city in need will appear on the world map. Answer the call each time and the reward will be doubled earnings from generic missions. On top of that, with every region new possibilities will open for Daily Mission to spawn.

Travel, discover and earn wastelander.

3. Daily Challenges
    Are you ready for new challenges? Every single day? Your mentors from the Hideout do know that and prepared special challenges just for you. Beat the challenge - Earn the Gold, simple as the headshot from sniper rifle.

Join the fray right now.

4. Enhanced Friend Interaction

We know you are playing Dead Trigger 2 with friends, so here it comes, crystal clear friends activity monitoring.

Simple, user friendly and sane displaying of friends statistics, watching of their game progress, easy visiting of their Hideout, easy direct communications, intuitive invitation of new friends, customizable filters, clear listing and organizing, and much much more ...

More friends, more slain zombies, more fun

5) other small news
    Enhanced FB support. Easier sharing with you friends
    Arena Rebalance - Enjoy more intense arena matches
    Tournaments Cheater free - Facebook arena disabled, because of anti-cheater policy. Please enjoy tournaments on all mobile platforms

6. Wubba

Wubba Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Indiana
    If I make an in-app purchase, can I assume that will disable ads?

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow

Just came to say I still love this game and play every day almost even if its just to do the daily mission. :cool:

8. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Update is out
    Have some fun with juicy Halloween Pumpkin-Head-Shots :)

And i think you can win a Shield tablet on this weekends tournament

9. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    ***WARNING*** HALLOWEEN Update DISABLES MFi Game Controller Support!

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #750 Rip73, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    That's the second (possibly third) time I've seen the shield tablet as a tournament prize.
    A couple of iPads have gone up before as well.
    Definitely well worth watching out at the tournaments because the prizes are extremely generous.

I love me them pumpkin head shots:)

There was some free boosters and small bits of gold given out as well with the update.
    The dual blades for melee being the icing on the cake.

11. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Are you talking about the butterfly blades? I got those last year I believe but no weapons with this update.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yep, the butterfly blades.
    I hadn't seen them till they popped up yesterday as gift as part of update.
    There was a couple of boosters and "revives" as well but I didn't take too much notice of them. And about ten or twenty gold, can't remember which as I have plenty of gold anyway from the achievements and daily challenges.
    I suppose if you had the blades already, they had no weapon to give you.
    I'm upgrading them at moment but looking forward to seeing them in action. I'm guessing that they are pretty cool.

13. Redman5006

Redman5006 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I didn't see this!! I saw the new guns, slot machine and decorations. What do I need to do to get the butterfly blades??

14. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Total bummer. Does the dev have any plans on fixing this?

15. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013

I've emailed me, tweeted em. Submitted official report on their website & posted on the official DT2 forum.
    I guess they are aware of it, but never reply, it's typical of Madfinger, custom support/relations is none existent.
    I guess it will just get fixed when they are ready.
    Meanwhile we can continue to bombard them with requests.

16. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Still no sign about the broken MFI support?

17. richdmoore

richdmoore Active Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Funny thing was this was the first game I loaded after getting the Mad Catz iOS controller....... Annoying.

I am really looking forward to both Dead Trigger 2 & Modern Combat 5 gaining IOS MFI support. (Modern Combat 5 still isn't compatible, I am hopeful the next update adds support.)

In the meantime for my Zombie shooting fix, I finished the story to Dead Effect, that game supported the controller, the only tweak I did was turn down the stick sensitivity from 5 to 3 setting to allow me to aim better.

18. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    i also started dead effect yesterday then.Not too bad and plays well with a controller (although i even lowered the sensitivity to zero,maybe i'll increase it a bit again) but it's a shame,i would prefer to play dead trigger,looks way more versatile location and graphics wise.

Rip73 said MFI support is coming in the next MC5 update though.

19. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Funny thing is,i realized that DT2 is even advertised with a big screenshot on the madcatz package.C'mon devs,WAKE UP!

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'd imagine they'll be pushing a Christmas update through that will also fix the controller thing.
    They normally push through holiday themed updates and I read somewhere a while back that they were fixing the controllers bug.
    I've no confirmation on it though but it would be their normal pattern.