Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-08-2014, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtfischer View Post
I usually prefer games in English if they were made in English, so I hope the localization will be optional, i.e. a setting.

But sure, I'll have a look at it and inform you, should there be anything weird.
Yikes! Do you keep your phone in "German" mode? But then you'd prefer a game that's been localized from English to still be English? Because if that's what you mean, it did not even occur to me folks might prefer that! I know you CAN programmatically change the locale the app pulls its strings from, but just adding the UI for that setting seems like a pain... I'll give it some thought.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I mean, my stance is probably fueled by the fact that I played some really badly translated games in the past, where I couldn't change the language back. If everything is fine language-wise, I'd be completely fine. Especially given the abstract nature of the game. It's not like there are "artistic texts" to begin with.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:51 PM

This game is excellent—clean and customizable visuals, seemingly simple but strategic gameplay, online multiplayer, variable difficulty. Highly recommended for strategy, board game, or quality enthusiasts.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:40 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Multiple updates have already been released, making sure to sort out any GameCenter bugs and some localization issues. The dev is obviously strongly supporting this app.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:48 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Really interested in this. The fact that it is the same dev as For The Win doesn´t help either...

Could someone tell a bit more about the stats? I heard they are quite comprehensiv. Maybe a screen shot?

Pedroapan
Old 08-25-2014, 07:05 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Well, the stats tell you about games played and games won (seperate stats for AI, online, pass and play). They tell you the highest level of AI you faced and how often you won that matchup. They tell you about how many "catchup rounds" (where the catchup rule took effect) you played, and what the most/least of those rounds were in one match ever. They tell you about catchup rounds you've given to your opponent. About how many groups you formed, what the most/least/biggest groups ever were. Then they tell you about how many matches got decided by the second- or third-largest groups (instead of the largest). They even tell you how often you looked at the stats. And probably a few other things.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:25 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtfischer View Post
Well, the stats tell you about games played and games won (seperate stats for AI, online, pass and play). They tell you the highest level of AI you faced and how often you won that matchup. They tell you about how many "catchup rounds" (where the catchup rule took effect) you played, and what the most/least of those rounds were in one match ever. They tell you about catchup rounds you've given to your opponent. About how many groups you formed, what the most/least/biggest groups ever were. Then they tell you about how many matches got decided by the second- or third-largest groups (instead of the largest). They even tell you how often you looked at the stats. And probably a few other things.
Haha, quite comprehensive then! Nothing substitutes some greats stats, right? I might just risk my 3 dollars on this one. Is GC-games with friends fixed yet, by the way?

I think I recognize you from the "For the Win" leaderboard, Nachtfischer. Would you say this one is as good as FTW?

Pedroapan

Last edited by Pedroapan; 08-25-2014 at 08:31 AM..
Old 08-25-2014, 08:45 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Yes the latest patch fixed it. Just finished a GC game versus a friend and it worked perfectly fine.

I said it before in this thread: I think this is even better than the For The Win app in terms of smoothness and efficiency. And of course, it has online play! The game itself might also very we'll be deeper. It has more strategic intuition to it, whereas FTW can get a bit puzzle-like at times.

All in all, buying this app was by far the best gaming value for money I've gotten this year.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:19 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

A nice little game, although I have figured out a good strategy yet. AI is getting closer and closer...

I've noticed something strange with the AI. Sometimes on the lower levels the AI doesn't use all its moves. Am I missing something or could there be occasions when that actually is a strategicly correct move? In my mind it makes the most sence to always use up all your moves.

Pedroapan

Last edited by Pedroapan; 08-26-2014 at 03:03 PM..