EA finally adds gamecenter!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by P.T., Dec 10, 2011.

1. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I woke up, and I was amazed.
    NBA Jam got an update which added gamecenter support.
    It had no leaderboard or achievements so it was weird they added it because it was pretty useless. But thats not important, but what is important is that bu making this step of adding gamecenter support to one of there games, I think more will follow. What do you think?

2. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    I think you posted on the wrong forum, that's what.

3. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Thread moved to "game discussions" forum.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yeah, hopefully this becomes a new trend for EA. Wanting to see online multiplayer in NBA Jam soon.

5. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    a good thing, no doubt!
    Grats EA...clap clap for you ;)

6. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    My thoughts on this update = Meh

When EA released this game I couldn't put it down, everything about it was slick! but a few weeks later the buzz wore off and I haven't played it in months! and you know why? simple...

No online multiplayer!!!!!

C'mon EA whats that about??? amongst the uncanny player character designs and OTT dunks! If you were fans of the original back in the days, then you would agree that it was the face-off against friends/family that made NBA Jam a home console hit! But the major difference here is that two copies of the game and two devices are needed. Not everyone I know owns an iDevice. Therefore just having the computer/device AI to compete against gets VERY boring very quickly.

I believe this game could be as big as Street Fighter 4 Volt in terms of longevity and playability if it had worldwide online multiplay. What draws me back to play a few rounds of Volt every day, is the fact I get to play against random people all over the world. Something I think NBA Jam desperately needs!

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Agreed, it'll no doubt be one of the best games on the iOS if online multiplayer hits. The incorporation of GC is a really good sign that this might be happening in the near future though.

8. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    They added GC but also added Origin....there's nothing good.

9. Livven

Livven Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Germany
    You sure it's not by accident? Just recently bought Spy Mouse, and only realized afterwards that it's published by EA instead of Firemint, which meant no GC. Hope they'll add it for most, if not all their games.

10. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I still dont understad why they added gamecenter.. No achievements or leaderboards.

11. UncleLimey

UncleLimey Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    EA's Boggle also has gamecenter with achieves