BANZAI RABBIT from the creators of Karate Champ

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Revolutionary Concepts, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    #1 Revolutionary Concepts, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
    Edit 8th June:
    Officially now BANZAI RABBIT. App Approved for release WEDNESDAY 9th JUNE!

New screens (iPhone version.).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hey Touch Arcade community we're delighted to share with you some early screens of our upcoming release "Banzai Rabbit" (formerly 'Frogman') for iPhone, iPod Touch, & iPad.

Fresh from the success of our re-creation of the timeless laserdisc classics 'Karate Champ' and 'Cobra Command' (thanks to all of you who downloaded!), we've taken a break from working on the sequel to partner with Russian games developer Tangible Games to bring to life a new spin on a much beloved game genre - that of the rabbit/frog/chicken crossing the road to save the world from certain destruction from an evil flea genius while avoiding getting squished by traffic all so he can get his dream girl back.

Yeah I hear you, that old chestnut?! Well trust me this time it's different. Taking its cues from classic sci-fi story 'The Fly', super-hero smash-hit 'The Incredibles', and with a nod to arcade classic Frogger (3rd cousin twice removed), Banzai tells the story of what can go wrong when a rabbit, a flea, and two scientists -one good and one evil - all find themselves involved in a terrible cloning accident - or as we like to think of it 'what can happen when developers have too many cans of RedBull and packets of Doritos + a distinct lack of sunlight').

Banzai Rabbit features loads of gratuitous closeups of frogs, a diverse range of environments, all in full 3D, 50+ levels of increasing difficulty, challenge mode, online scoring, oh and did we mention it's on the iPHONE!

Banzai is currently working out and should be released into the wild in a few weeks time, with a special hi-resolution iPad version hopefully ready a few weeks later.

The New Trailer! Go the full screen and crank the volume!! :)

2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Hi Revolutionary Concepts!

I am Licking wht I see :D *checks if any supr powrs hav been absorbd yet, Neah... none... just yet*

You write very well too, looking forward to this game :)

3. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    Nice!
    Old Froge presented in the different way!

Is textures quality really as high as in the pictures?

4. Tangible Games

Feb 9, 2010
    Making great games and apps for iOS, Mac, Windows
    Greetings from Tangible Games!

Hello everyone!

We, developers, can't wait to hand this game over to you, so we won't post much. But we'll be reading everything and we appreciate your feedback!

Now that the iron curtain of secrecy covering this precious gaming gem is no more, I can say what I've been preparing to say for quite a while:

in game graphics only ;)

...and running really smooth :cool:

5. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Do you have a gameplay vid? The graphics are amazing.

6. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Heya Songbird. We'll be sure and post a gameplay video / trailer in the next week or so.

7. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    will it be sandbox and there will be free roam? i love free roaming

8. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #8 Revolutionary Concepts, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    Heya xdanleex,
    Hey who doesn't love roaming - except when we're talking mobile carrier charges lol ;)

To clarify Frogman isn't a third-person adventure (don't forget he's Froggers 3rd cousin twice removed) so the opportunities to roam free are somewhat restricted to the field of play.

That said the levels are full of variety and scroll over multiple screens (some large some smaller) so we're confident that gamers who enjoyed the afore-mentioned title (and there are many it seems), puzzles and/or platformers will find something to like in this fun game that most anyone can pick-up and play in short bursts or marathon sessions.

9. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #9 Revolutionary Concepts, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
    eta is first week of April.

10. John From the Coast

Feb 11, 2010
    That looks awesome! Really beautiful work guys. Just so you know, I loved Cobra Command.

The graphics look really stunning. The first 3 screenshots look different. Are those just like an intro or something?

Johnny

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Did you seriously just ask that? Isn't it blatantly obvious that you're those letters and the aim of the game is to construct a coherent sentence while a cartoon frog watches you?

12. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    haha. Yes it is an intro :) Though I am disturbed by the suggestion that Frogman 'likes to watch'. He's a fighter not a lover.

13. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    YES! A new game from team revolutionary. Much like George Castanza, I am a die hard Frogger fan, so this news is music to my ears. And seriously, talk about the game description of the year. If this thread doesn't get the old school gamer in you excited then you must be a new school youngin' :p and what better to educate yourself than with a title like this? I can't wait!

14. Syao

Syao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Any videos?

15. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Hey NoDoctors, Thanks for the vote of confidence. Our friends at Tangible Games have taken our original concept and gone wild with it so we're hopeful that there'll be something in there for everyone (even us old old school gamers ;))

Not long to wait now.

16. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

frogger is one of the only 'old school' arcade games i really quite like.this looks like a good remake!

dig dug is the other arcade game i like

17. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Bump hoping for more info or a vid! Plus I'm surprised there isn't more interest for this. It looks fantastic

18. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #18 Revolutionary Concepts, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
    Heya Doc,

Glad you like :)
    The game is all but finished with the last few coats of frog mucus being applied before a release.
    A vid should be just around the corner :)

19. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    omg omg... this is exciting!

20. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #20 Revolutionary Concepts, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
    Happy Birthday to Us

hehe. So that you don't peak too early Ultimo we've organised a little sale to celebrate our 1 year anniversary AND coincidently one of our sister co's apps reaching the milestone of 12 STRAIGHT MONTHS in the Top25 utilities catagory ('Picture Safe').

So (as kindly mentioned by Eli) for the next 3 days we gots:

Cobra Command just $1.99 (rrp $4.99) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cobra-command/id333243662?mt=8

FREE copies of our one-time Apple Demo Apps: (2 players simultaneous family card games).
    Snap! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snap/id295192808?mt=8
    Animal Snap! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/animal-snap/id298365051?mt=8

And the afore-mentioned 'privacy' app 50% for the first time ever.
    *Not game-related but just in case you'd like to know.

Cobra and both Snaps! have a More Apps section where we'll provide new screens of upcoming games like Frogman from time to time but you can get on the list to be advised of new releases by emailing us too:

[email protected]

Enjoy :)