★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Yahoo article on new Nintendo DSi

02-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Yahoo article on new Nintendo DSi

I know what you are thinking, wtf is this doing here? This isn't a Nintendo forum, this isn't even a forum for all hand held games. But it is one for the iPod Touch and iPhone. Which are mentioned 4 times in the article as a competitor to the new DS. I thought it was interesting on how the industry is opening its doors more and more to the iDevices as being legitimate hand held gaming platforms.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...pril-5/1289722
02-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate@pdxine.com View Post
I know what you are thinking, wtf is this doing here? This isn't a Nintendo forum, this isn't even a forum for all hand held games. But it is one for the iPod Touch and iPhone. Which are mentioned 4 times in the article as a competitor to the new DS. I thought it was interesting on how the industry is opening its doors more and more to the iDevices as being legitimate hand held gaming platforms.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...pril-5/1289722
This should probably be in the lounge

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss

02-18-2009, 10:29 PM
In my opinion i think the dsi is the stupidest idea nintendo has ever had
There is no point to it the cameras are like useless
This should be in lounge

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
02-18-2009, 10:34 PM
That article is completely biased.. or Nintendo paid Yahoo to write that. What kind of a comparison is that?

Is that an iPhone in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?
02-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
This should probably be in the lounge
Whoops, didn't realize I was in games
02-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stykman View Post
Nintendo did have some brilliant ways of using the cameras, though. There's a new Warioware game called WarioWare: Photograped (or something...that's the Japanese translation) and you have to do certain activities while in the camera.

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
02-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew2468 View Post
Nintendo did have some brilliant ways of using the cameras, though. There's a new Warioware game called WarioWare: Photograped (or something...that's the Japanese translation) and you have to do certain activities while in the camera.
It doesn't matter. No backwards compatability is a turn-off for me already. Plus, what about guitar hero for the DS? You can't play it on the DSi. If you ask me, this makes the DS more of a PSP than anything.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
02-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
It doesn't matter. No backwards compatability is a turn-off for me already. Plus, what about guitar hero for the DS? You can't play it on the DSi. If you ask me, this makes the DS more of a PSP than anything.
True. No more migrating my pogeymanz .

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
02-19-2009, 12:09 AM
Send a message via AIM to s0mah Send a message via Yahoo to s0mah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew2468 View Post
True. No more migrating my pogeymanz .
lol shark them in like everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
omg u mean this new crap can't play mai MOTOCROSS MANIACS for teh original GB? wtf are those newbz @ nintendo thinking with this crap? my parents paid good $$$ for those carts and i think they should be usable for at least 30 years. gtfo stupid optional purchase DSi with ur stupid camera and ur stupid sd slot and ur bigger screen.

Also, Guitar Hero for the DS was the suck.

twitter @ here
teh myspace @ &here
02-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stykman View Post
This should be in lounge
Hey, People thought the Nintendo Wii was stupid. Look at it now. It's made alot of money. Although games arn't great for 1 player, it's great for parties though.