Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-10-2014, 12:00 AM

So I spent more time with this and Pirate Bash tonight and this is a good dual stick shooter given the variety in ships and weapons and of course pvp it adds more fun to the game.

The game goes have timers as mentioned above, although the game is built around collecting resources between waves of enemies which take a couple of minutes to convert, but during that your back in combat for the next round anyway your never just waiting.

You can go out as much as you like the only waiting really is crafting new weapons and ships ect those have fairly long timers but that's completely fine as you can still play and work towards things while those build or quit and come back later.

One gripe is that upon starting you must chose a faction, I went with the second choice as I thought everyone will just pick the first. Sadly I was correct and the red team way outweigh the greens so the red army owned 90% of the map.

All in all this could be pretty addicting and time consuming so it's a hard choice on if I want to invest that time into the game or not. For now ill just play casually, but if this is softlaunch and more may be added it has great potential. Even if it's just for bug checking and server testing it's free so no harm in trying.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:17 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Oh, heh. I choosed the Red fraction and the map is still splitted up 50/50. I'm playing on the EU server though.
I am kinda addicted xD
I definitely wont spend money on this cuz I dont saw any p2w mechanics or items which you can buy with premium currency only. So far it seems like you can progress faster by spending on IAP's, which is okay imo.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:21 AM

Yeh the map is devided 50/50 but other than pvp zones they seem to have wars as partly last night the red team had taken over pretty much everything up to our green HQ
Old 10-06-2014, 03:13 AM

Default Game Impressions

wanted to post something a player wrote:

I'm refugeeOG from: US server, Varians faction, Warpfire alliance. I'm the 2nd-to-top ranked overall player, because I am addicted; I love this game. I have been playing for about a year now,and still going strong. The devs keep adding new content and fixing stuff, so you won't get bored. You can get to where I am now by either spending nothing, a little, or a lot; the choice is up to you, and it only affects how fast you get there, so the game is very fair.

The PvP combat is amazing, faction vs. faction, where you fight for control of special regularly moving "storm sectors" that contain rare rocks essential for the crafting of great PvP gear. Also, the game has faction alerts: built-in mini-wars, faction vs. faction, where the dominating faction of those military objectives will win Solar (the premium currency), Keys (to open lockboxes for a nice chance at Premium ships and other awesome PvP consumables), and domination points ... DP (which collect daily to give you daily boxes to open, containing nukes, golden (premium) robots and ammo, etc.). Basically, the game gives you great incentives to play and fight, so you never have to sit around at station; you will always have something to do, if you fancy it.

Combat is a refreshing soft-twitch; none of this "mouse-to-select-and-then- take-a-nap" business. You attack the ship closest to where you are pointing, but enemy ships can also block for their allies and block important objectives, like the sector mining / command outpost. There are fighters (DPS glass cannons), healers (ship repair, EMP-interdiction, support) and tanks (base busters, blockers, damage soakers). Range matters. You have close range blaster weapons, longer range launcher weapons, AOE and single target type weapons, and NUKES ... awesome variable range, massively damaging AOE battle-changing packages of pure chaos.

Players get space in station, which is upgradable, to store their materials, crafting parts, PvP consumables, and ships. You can have many ships, so you have the freedom to choose the ship-type you wish to fly, and then make a change anytime it suits you. Death penalties are mild, just enough to encourage death avoidance, but no loss of anything that you will miss, which encourages players to get out there and take risks and have fun in the PvP. Basically, the only penalty for death is a bit of "red-shield" that automatically heals inside station or you can "speed-heal" it for Solar.

Players come from all over the world to play; no country or region is locked out. You can play directly from facebook, kong, PC browser from their website, Apple devices (iOS), Android / Google devices, Amazon / Kindle devices ... play from PC, Desktop, Laptop, Notebook, Tablet, Smartphone, etc.

interesting - on all devices:
Facebook : https://apps.facebook.com/pocketstarships/
Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/Spec...cket-starships
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tarships&hl=en
Apple IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-starships-space-mmo/id752128884?mt=8
and browser: www.pocketstarships.com