Universal Respawnables - (by Zynga)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 7, 2012.

1. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #61 visionwebs, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    Matter of perspective on who the sheep are.
    Don't blindly buy a game just because it has the zynga stamp on.

Don't remember seeing any posts where people said zynga made it but zynga is always going to publish games that have the same ethos as they do.

It's good that you enjoy the game and FYI (if you do like it then thats fine its opinion after all!) personally I have tried it, one of the most blatant pay to win games out there on the app store and it's just like every other zynga approved game out there, pay more and win more.

There are other devs out there with less time and money who put more thought and care into their games. Even many freemium apps on the app store are still not pay to win like this is.

By the way, you sound like a sales pitch.

Zynga has a bad reputation for a reason, a good reason at that.

Heck, EA Games have more ethics and that's saying something... I would still rather play Gameloft too... And they are no where near being user centric.

Don't even get me started on how zynga populate facebook and the app store with fake reviews, push out updates to apps in order to cover up low scoring games then fake downloads to increase exposure on the markets.

Just a quick google search turned up this

"In an indication that the purge has begun, PageData reported last month a big drop in likes for popular pages, including Zynga's Texas HoldEm Poker and FarmVille, as well as those of pop singers Rihanna, Lady GaGa and Justin Bieber."

I can find 100 more examples like that at least.

The worst case was dream heights ripping off tiny tower.

Technically in most countries this company commits fraud but the legals don't do much about it.

It's not like zynga has happy employees either...
    http://www.quora.com/Zynga-Stock-Price-Collapse-Summer-2012/How-do-Zynga-employees-feel-about-the-companys-summer-2012-stock-price-drop

1. Never join a startup where the founder has a record of screwing people over and has complete control of the company with no checks and balace.

2. When I become a founder, I know exactly how to manipulate the capital structure# to dilute everybody on my own behalf and retain absolute control.

Yeah this is a super company that really cares about its customers.

Sheep dont do research, please show less desperation next time.

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I'm lolling, mainly at the vision of guy above typing out all that.

Anyway, it's not such a bad game. Ios doesn't have anything like tf2 so why not...even if there is a couple of IAP here and there. It was free to start with anyway! Gotta make a buck somehow!

3. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I honestly don't have a problem with people like you enjoying the game (though technically your enjoyment isn't my business any way just saying as its not caused to offend), it's just blind fanboyisms that I can't stand. :eek:

You are right iOS doesn't have anything like TF2, but I would recommend tf2 over this if any one has a Microsoft or mac any way.

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    I'm not worried. I've posted here numerous times about many different games good and bad. I also share the same handle at macrumors so most people can tell i'm not an employee of any developer or publisher. In fact if you want to see what i do for a living just check my signature ;)

5. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    I'm not sure what all this hate is about. If a game is good its good. I don't care who published it.

I played single player for about a hour. It's nice to play and nice to look at. I'm not far enough into the game for a solid opinion.

One thing which bothered me though is that the missions in single player are unlocked after another. E.g. Survive 30 sec. If I survive 2 mins it doesn't count. This has to be achieve again when this mission is available...

Furthermore to currency and IAP overload. Not my cup of tea.

6. Cynn

Cynn Member

Nov 1, 2012
    I've seen absolutely no one here say they blindly buy games due to Zynga branding. I do see someone however who is blindly hating everything with Zynga on it. Think about it.

A good game is a good game no matter who made it. Developers deserve support no matter who their publisher is. Sheep hatred is simply fanboyism in reverse.

7. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    I am kinda changing my mind on this game.

Yes it's fun
    Yes it's nice graphics

However when I went to play today it asked me to input a name... Now I'm level one again. I wouldn't care to much but now the gold I got (through tapjoy) is also gone.

Beware if you spend real money it may go away

8. Haunter

Haunter New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Well the game is actually prettty good... I played it offline and found it easy to earn cash. I'm not sure if it gets harder later on but from what I saw prices aren't too bad...

9. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    You can hold your own in multiplayer with the sniper rifle even with everyone else spawn camping and one shotting you. Mp matches earn two to three times the xp & cash for the time spent vs offline.

It's fun now, ask me again in a week or two.

10. hydrodj

hydrodj Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    Agreed, the game is fun, you don't need any IAP, you get 50 gold free by doing a 60 second survey using that on upgrading the few usefull skills that need gold mean no need of any IAP at all.

The only real benefit of IAP is to double xp or cash but I hit max level and enough cash to buy most items from two days play, so not needed. Makes me wonder with all these people screeming Zynga hate and pay to win, did you even bother playing the game before commenting? I seriously doubt it.

The sniper rifle is cheap and OP with its auto aim when you zoom in, so tap aim loosely near someone then fire even if your aim is off and boom headshot. But dual pistols due to its speed, damage and range pretty much demolishes all.

These are in game currency weapons, currently using the last weapon howitzer, ludicrously OP handheld artillery , one shot kill, 6 shot before reload. Fun times ;)

Ultimately if you like team fortress, a small peice of that games charm has been captured here, give it a go, it's free.

IGN Vash

11. ChaosPinhead

ChaosPinhead New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    #71 ChaosPinhead, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    I am Anti Zynga as much as the next guy. I used to be a Zynga nut on Facebook way back when, but gave that all up because they are huge money sucks with no support and horribly coded apps that LAG so bad you can take bathroom breaks on loading screens after you play them and actually build up a farm/cafe/castle/whatever.

That being said...I usually steer clear of anything with the dog logo on it though I did enjoy a little stint of a few "with friends" games with my family but even those have faded in their enjoyment for more action packed games.

I grabbed Respawnables over the weekend to see what it was about because it had some pretty good reviews in the app store and was "new". I am pleasantly surprised by this title. I have never been a big fan of FPS on iDevices just due to the poor ability to in general "move and aim" but this game kind of balances that out by giving everyone auto aim "within reason".

I played this game all weekend, I have not spent a dime. After reaching about level 17 via single missions (no multiplayer because it mysteriously wouldn't work the first day I grabbed this, it just timed out) I then got around to some multiplayer on Sunday. I had unlocked and bought all the guns up to the Rocket Launcher (minus gold bar guns, I haven't spent anything). I came in the top 3 of almost every game I played with various level players from level 1 to level 25. Sure the ones that did beat me most of the time were using gold bar uzis or what not, but ya know what. That is how a "free" game makes money.

Sit and cry all day about in app purchases but without them, none of these games would exist. This game is not pay to win as I won far more than I lost using regular guns unlocked with in game cash and on top of that this game is setup for Tapjoy which means all the gold bars you could ever want at your disposal anyhow...so it's still basically all free. People should learn to play and utilize what is at your disposal before you sit and cry about people who actually support developers and fund the games you tightwads play for free all day long.

4 out of 5 from me though I do see the game's enjoyment level dying off after a week or two simply because there is only 4 maps and once everything is unlocked that doesn't require IAP, there won't be much else to do but shoot reload repeat.

12. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Normally i don't buy IAP, i am dead set against them. That being said I actually did break down and buy one in this game. Why? Because I enjoy the game and feel the developers are worth investing in. I also bought an IAP for punch quest, although with that i was just donating money to them and got nothing in return. I think its important for us to support developers that are doing a good job. I don't like zynga personally but i don't have anything specific against them either. That being said i was glad to make an in game purchase and am enjoying the new weapon. In my experience the new weapon does not give me an advantage of any sort and in fact due to reloads i feel many times i'm at a disadvantage during heated battles. This game is simply a I shoot him, someone else shoots me, someone else shoots him and i respawn and shoot that guy. Not much skill is required but its still fun to play. Once in awhile you can get 2 or 3 kills before being killed, so you do feel a sense of satisfaction from time to time. All in all its a fun game, and i'm glad to have it on my idevice. I wish more games like this would come out and for the price of entry you really can't beat it. I've seen games like this coming with a $2.99 price of entry and then IAP on top of that. Which imo would be in bad taste, but it happens quite frequently.

13. relog

relog Well-Known Member

if you all not like zynga iap thing, then why bother playing? then complain after? if yall dont like it then play shadowgun : deadzone

14. ios gamer365

ios gamer365 Active Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Hello I am not zynga lol. but if ya got balls COME AT ME BRO!!! My name is No.117 I finally got the dual pistols and I love em! I wish the sniper didn't exist however

15. ios gamer365

ios gamer365 Active Member

Nov 25, 2012
    I can't even begin to say how disappointed I am at the moment. I jus slaved my way to level 27 had the dual pistols and everything in btw but the weapons u buy with gold. After I wrote the post earlier I decided I wanted to play again. To my dismay a familiar green clad soldier appears and asks me to type in my name. Wat the hell!!! How did all my stuff get deleted!!!?? Did I play too much?!?! LOW BLOW! ZYNGA, LOW BLOW!

16. Sovemer

Sovemer New Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Out of interest, if anyone here has gotten far enough, could you tell me how powerful the revolver is?
    I have the dual pistols and it is pretty damn overpowered. According to the store desc, the revolver is much more accurate. However, I've heard that the dual pistols is still the best non-iAP weapon. Why is this?

17. hydrodj

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    #77 hydrodj, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    You mean the howitzer is the best non IAP weapon, if not the best overall. You can dance around gunning with your dual pistol or revolver but I can spin around and one shot you with artillery lol....so OP.

I have not seen anyone else with it, but it feels very frustrating to be on the other side of it lol, I went assault rifle - sniper - dual pistol - howitzer and was 99% first in every game. No purchase necessary.

In the end this game becomes twitch gaming, the fastest gets the kill, highly skilled as we are talking the difference of 0.1 second gets the kill. Fun times with some updates promised, I wonder what these will be.

18. hydrodj

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    I also wanted to add, as I had this problem and could not see the answer anywhere.

I hit level 29 and suddenly could not gain any XP, I played maybe 30 online matches with 0 XP gain. Once I hit 100k currency this became an issue as I wanted the level 30 weapon I had been saving for since I bought dual guns.

I soon discovered the only way to gain the XP for the last level was to complete the missions on single player, after 20 minutes I was level 30 woot. Its fair to note I had played exclusively within the realm of multiplayer, so it may be the case if you have done enough single player this issue may not show its ugly face.

I hope this can help anyone else with a similar problem, and maybe the devs poke around in here and notice this as a bug.

19. TheOnlyExalted

Oct 10, 2012
    Can anyone say battlefield heros?

20. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    That happened to me when I first played also.

So far no problems but looks like it may happen again since you had it too. Hopefully they fix that glitch

But so far this is my fav time waster and battery waster