RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile $2.99 > $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 6, 2014.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England

RollerCoaster Tycoon® 4Mobile™

Atari
    RollerCoaster Tycoon® 4 Mobile™ is a free-to-play game with an addictive mixture of strategic planning and simulation. B…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    RollerCoaster Tycoon® 4 Mobile™ is a free-to-play game with an addictive mixture of strategic planning and simulation. Based on the beloved RollerCoaster Tycoon® franchise, this game takes many of the fan-favorite features from the original PC games and brings them to mobile. Create and share your theme park, construct incredible roller coasters, and become the ultimate Tycoon! Our latest update includes several awesome new features: • Multiparks - Players now have the ability to build multiple parks, and build those parks in different environments! • World Map - A beautiful World Map mode allows players to travel between their parks and ones made by their closest friends, as well as access our Scenario and Corporation Modes! • Scenarios - Test out your Tycoon skills in this set of all new park-development challenges. Get experience points to win tickets and coins! • Corporation Mode - Compete with other RCT4M players to attract the most tourists to your park! This new mode allows for direct competition with other players for a fun, new way to prove you're the biggest Tycoon out there! • Camera Rotation - By popular request, we added the ability to rotate your park map around and see it from new angles! • Water Tiles - We added a new water tile to the game allowing you to decorate your park with rivers, lakes, and more! Having any problems? Any suggestions? We would love to hear from you! You can reach us at our support center by going to http://support.atari.com Visit us at www.RollerCoasterTycoon.com Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rollercoastertycoon And on Twitter: https://twitter.com/OfficialRCT Note: A network connection is required to play. • FREE-TO-PLAY • Intuitive RollerCoaster Editor • 20 pre-designed coasters • Customize your theme park with different attractions, restaurants, businesses, concession stands, hotels and decorations • Play Slots mini-games within your park • Unlock new materials to construct cooler, faster and taller coasters • Grow your economy by creating the ultimate amusement park • Connect with friends • Share roller coaster blueprints • New content and features released all the time
    Information
    Seller:Atari
    Genre:Simulation, Strategy
    Release:Apr 10, 2014
    Updated:Jun 19, 2018
    Version:1.13.5
    Size:197.4 MB
    User Rating: (28)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

For the two people that may still be interested in it after the first impressions :p

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Mmmm... Still too expensive. Has the App Store got "negative prices"? If they add me $1 to my iTunes account, I might think about downloading it :D

3. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I'd TOFTT if it was free. But paying a $1? Why would anyone willing pay for a freemium game. The guys at Atari must have had a few cocktails when they decided to price this as a premium game.

4. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #4 Bool Zero, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    I firmly believe that unless the game or app is a unlockables premium title through IAP, truly of some beneficial aid or productivity, or looking to make no money, that THAT should be the only time ANY app should be placed on the market as free. I think developers and moreover publishers have abused the free release model and that any game standing to look for profit through IAP should at the very least cost .99¢.

So I'll argue the opposite... That this game should be .99¢ and that other currently freemium games should cost at least the same... That way apps would be more properly judged since people are actually paying for them rather then basing part of their critique on the currently distorted perception that a free lunch is, generally speaking, always a better thing than paying for one that permeates the mindset of the typical customer using the app stores rating system...

5. To be honest, I would actually try this out at free just to see how much of a trainwreck this actually is

6. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Agreed.

It's very sad tbh, by making it a premium/freemium eff-up all the classic RCT fans hate it and avoid it, whereas if it had been a premium price of say £5-10 and no timers or freemium junk, we'd all have bought it day one.

Epic fail from them there.. Even for 69p I'll avoid this turd.

7. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Very true, freemium apps are anything but free, as most do require a monetary investment, and it would be honest if thier entry price reflected that. As it stands, we have an app market flooded with free-to-play games, that are really pay-to-play games in sheep's clothing. If Candy Crush Saga had RCT4's price tag, it's App Store ratings would mirror RCT4.

Unfortunately, we all know Apple will never force devs to price pay-to-play games as premium games, or force them to remove the dishonest free-to-play label. But point taken.

8. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    This review sums up my thoughts on this fustercluck perfectly.

"About the only thing I can say in favour of Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile is that it accurately captures the experience of visiting a theme park: it costs too much to get in, the stalls are all overpriced, you have to wait ages for all the rides and the whole experience will leave you feeling decidedly nauseous."

I can only think that the people that are enjoying this (yes, staggeringly some are) are people who never played the original games and simply don't realise how shallow this is and how much has been removed. :(