★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The December/January 2017 RPG Reload Play-Along: Icewind Dale

12-09-2017, 07:31 PM
I successfully completed a mission by killing some orcs and their leader. I guess I wasn't paying attention when I created my characters because I just noticed my mage has 4 HP. A maximum of 4 HP. She dies a lot.
12-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
Go Rhess! Pleased somebody's playing. In completely out of date news, I just finished chapter 3 of FF Tactics... Flipping amazing game. If only I'd started properly a month earlier!
Yeah I was surprised at how much I liked it after I got into it. With all the options you could play it over and over and not play the same way twice.

12-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHess00 View Post
Yeah I was surprised at how much I liked it after I got into it. With all the options you could play it over and over and not play the same way twice.
I thought to try it myself and then realised I don't have it on apple I have it from google play. Lovely. Well I hope it goes on some sort of supersale on steam. I played it a little bit on my last phone and the little I played was great fun, but tell me how it is on SE? My phone is SE too.
12-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter9 View Post
I thought to try it myself and then realised I don't have it on apple I have it from google play. Lovely. Well I hope it goes on some sort of supersale on steam. I played it a little bit on my last phone and the little I played was great fun, but tell me how it is on SE? My phone is SE too.
Well you can zoom in on the battle so that helps a lot but the buttons on the sides and in the inventory screens are pretty small and you can't zoom on them. It can be a little frustrating at times but not unplayable. It could be unplayable if you have large fingers though.
12-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Finished with the prologue and started chapter 1. I'm still kind of lost though. The problem is the easy difficulty is too easy but when I move up to normal, I get decimated. An in game tutorial would be a big help because I still haven't got a handle on manually directing my people. I guess I just need to find a good tutorial online.
12-13-2017, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Well you can zoom in on the battle so that helps a lot but the buttons on the sides and in the inventory screens are pretty small and you can't zoom on them. It can be a little frustrating at times but not unplayable. It could be unplayable if you have large fingers though.
Fairly average woman hands I think ^^ I'm still not sure what platform to get it on, but I haven't had time to play almost anything except our raids so. Hectic times, I'm glad it's a two month game.
12-13-2017, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter9 View Post
Fairly average woman hands I think ^^ I'm still not sure what platform to get it on, but I haven't had time to play almost anything except our raids so. Hectic times, I'm glad it's a two month game.
For Icewind Dale, a computer with a mouse would be the way to go if you have that option.
12-14-2017, 04:10 AM
Quote:
For Icewind Dale, a computer with a mouse would be the way to go if you have that option.
Yep I'm hoping they put it on sale on Steam. Steam Winter sales are ridiculous.
12-19-2017, 01:24 AM
Iíve been playing these games since release and Iíve never enjoyed them as much as I do on iPad. I find that I feel more connected to the game world through the iPads touch interface.
12-20-2017, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avellone View Post
Iíve been playing these games since release and Iíve never enjoyed them as much as I do on iPad. I find that I feel more connected to the game world through the iPads touch interface.
I wish I had an ipad, would be much easier. Still waiting for that winter sale.