★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Install and delete, how long?

01-12-2018, 01:58 AM
Install and delete, how long?

As the title says. I'm curious about how often you plow through installing / deleting applications.

I will try just about any game but if it does not fancy me, I delete it. That being said, do you think a daily reboot is bad for my iPhone?

Or even necessary? I will not restart normally but I will sometimes install and delete 10+ games a day lol

Think?
01-29-2018, 11:56 PM
It really depends on the game.

- If I install a game and some type of gameplay mechanic is a turnoff or I feel the game is too pay to play then those games usually get deleted soon after install.

- Unfortunately there are also some games that get “updated to ruin”. Which means subsequent updates have made performance noticeably worse than when I first played them. Especially egregious if it’s a action game where I notice a lack of smoothness where smoothness once was like an old forgotten friend I miss from my childhood. Those games begrudgingly get uninstalled due to my frustration and not being able to accept the “newer” version of said game.
01-30-2018, 03:46 AM
A daily reboot ? Seems very OTT

I install/delete tons of games, never had an issue with my phone. My spider senses are telling me some new 1 post user will turn up with a link to some app to 'cleanse' your phone though

Last edited by psj3809; 01-30-2018 at 03:58 AM.