★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

01-24-2018, 08:58 AM
Out There Chronicles - Ep. 1 is currently free, and Ep. 2 has been released.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
02-09-2018, 01:39 AM
Thank you so Much

Thank you so much.I am addict to the games.this is like a festival for me .thanks a lot.

02-16-2018, 12:15 PM
New classic PnC adventure release from a Kickstarter project: Bolt Riley - A Reggea Adventure

Apparently is only a first part and reviews don’t seem too positive (mainly about the short length) - Devs say a 2nd part is planned (Kickstarter was for a full game after all) and reviews advise to wait for its release, for buying the complete game.

Haven‘t played it but the setting looks kinda cool. Thought I‘d post it here if somebody wants to take the plunge and try it.
02-17-2018, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonTom View Post
Thank you so much.I am addict to the games.this is like a festival for me .thanks a lot.
PointOfLight (Thread creator) is a little more quiet lately, cause he can‘t play a lot of the games anymore (device and/or iOS too old).

I try to post some adventures I come across but PoL was able to dig out much more. Often also what is free atm (at least in the US). He once told me he looks for adventures through a certain site where daily iOS releases are covered, don’t know which anymore though.

PoL: Maybe you can tell me again (pm?) I can sometimes try to go through it when I‘ve got time. At least to keep the thread alive a bit more - Hopefully you’ll get a new device one day
02-17-2018, 04:54 AM
New release from today, haven‘t tried yet but looks like a mix between Adventure/Room Escape: Mystery House - Secret Stealth
02-17-2018, 05:35 AM
Some rather high profile releases for people who haven‘t heard of them:

Bring You Home Charming new Puzzle Adventure by the creators of the great Love You to Bits.

Life Is Strange Episode 1 Choose your Own Story Adventure, Port from PC Version. Also has a free Demo/Lite version

And don‘t think the Scribblenauts Games have ever been mentioned here. Scribblenauts Remix is a Puzzle/Adventure/Word Game Mix. A classic with A LOT of content which doesn‘t set much boundaries to your imagination. And the more recent Scribblenauts Unlimited with some new ideas and mechanics. Has more of a connected story, I still prefer the 1st part though.
02-17-2018, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
PointOfLight (Thread creator) is a little more quiet lately, cause he can‘t play a lot of the games anymore (device and/or iOS too old).
I do try to pop in here when I can, but you're right: the lack of a modern device is making it much harder for me to play anything new.

Quote:
PoL: Maybe you can tell me again (pm?) I can sometimes try to go through it when I‘ve got time. At least to keep the thread alive a bit more - Hopefully you’ll get a new device one day
Sorry, I know this isn't a PM, but I thought it might be useful to everyone. The site I use is www.appshopper.com. I will warn you, though, that lately the new releases are numbering in the 100s per day, so unless their search algorithm is decent it might take some doing to find any adventure games. I have actually still been combing through this site every couple of days, I just haven't been very diligent about posting any findings here. I apologize for that.

Eric Pankoke
02-17-2018, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Bring You Home Charming new Puzzle Adventure by the creators of the great Love You to Bits.
Haven't had a chance to try this one yet (supposedly it will run on my device), but I really enjoyed Love You To Bits, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Life Is Strange Episode 1 Choose your Own Story Adventure, Port from PC Version. Also has a free Demo/Lite version
I spent a bit of time with this one on the PC. I don't remember if I quit simply because I moved to a new PC or because I had finished what I got to play for free, but it was kind of interesting. There was a bit too much of a need to explore everything just to find what you needed to interact with for my tastes, but the premise was kind of neat. Episode 1 is 99 cents right now, or as Gambler pointed out there is even a lite version. I'd say it's worth checking out.

Eric Pankoke
02-17-2018, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
I spent a bit of time with this one on the PC. I don't remember if I quit simply because I moved to a new PC or because I had finished what I got to play for free, but it was kind of interesting. There was a bit too much of a need to explore everything just to find what you needed to interact with for my tastes, but the premise was kind of neat. Episode 1 is 99 cents right now, or as Gambler pointed out there is even a lite version. I'd say it's worth checking out.
Really like Love You To Bits too. Bring You Home is similar regarding graphics and cute story but different mechanics (similar like those in AZZL if you know the game). It‘s a bit more on the trial and error side than LytB but I enjoyed both a lot.

Oh, and I’m nearly 100% sure it’ll run on your device (the game’s not very resource hungry and works fine on my girlfriend’s iPad 3 9.3.3, which isn’t much more powerful than the iPad 2)

About Life is Strange: Played through all episodes on PC. Preferred it to most Telltale titles. Ending was a small letdown, but I guess (without wanting to spoil anything) it‘s just impossible with those kinds of games to branch out too much, would just get too complicated. But the different choices had more impact throughout the story itself than through your usual Telltale titles (where the difference often isn‘t more than a single sentence). All in all I also enjoyed the ride, you just gotta overlook some teenangst and drama every now and then, main protagonist is a high school girl after all - With a super power though

Last edited by Gambler; 02-17-2018 at 10:19 PM.
02-17-2018, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
Sorry, I know this isn't a PM, but I thought it might be useful to everyone. The site I use is www.appshopper.com. I will warn you, though, that lately the new releases are numbering in the 100s per day, so unless their search algorithm is decent it might take some doing to find any adventure games. I have actually still been combing through this site every couple of days, I just haven't been very diligent about posting any findings here. I apologize for that.
Np, better to make a public post

Wow, I took a look at the site, I tried to do the same yesterday on 148apps (looking through paid apps mostly, that’s how I found Mystery House - Secret Stealth) but w/o a filter for genres finding something useful is a real b****.

Kudos for having posted so many adventures over the years with this method, you‘ve started that thread nearly 7 years ago after all! I‘ll try to find some every now and then when I‘ve got time but as you mentioned with so many releases and no decent algorithm/filter it‘s a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. On 148 (http://www.148apps.com/newest-148-app-store-additions/) it‘s also only possible to filter with price and device compability. Not much to go with when looking for a certain genre ...

I‘m always on the lookout for good adventure games though so at least I can promise to keep posting stuff I read about or played myself