iPhone First Strike - a nuclear war RTS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JeremySpillmann, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremySpillmann

JeremySpillmann Active Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland

Its a ten minute, fast paced RTS about nuclear war where you control one of 11 of earths superpowers. The whole game is designed to be played just through Gstures and 3D Menus on selected nations.

We've just released our reveal Trailer today. The game is gonna release in March, one week prior to GDC, where we will have a booth in the GDC Play Area.

2. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Beta and Universal?

Will there be a beta test? Will it also be universal meaning it can run on IPhones, IPods and IPads?

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Is the gameplay on a countdown timer for ten minutes? Or is that an average play time?

The game looks fantastic, and the visuals are stellar. Can't wait to try it out!

4. JeremySpillmann

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
    @ SirHanet: No, we'll have no public beta sadly. Also the game requires a lot of space on the screen, which is why it will be tablets (iOS, Android and maybe Windows App) only. It runs fine, but tactically selecting nations while retaining an overview is a real hassle on the small screen.

@ JCho133: Thank you very much. 10 Minutes is just the average playtime. Its heavily dependent on the number of CPU enemies and your selected Superpower.

5. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    It looks amazing! Well done.

We'll have a stand at the GDC Play Area as well. I definitely come by yours :)

6. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Fine looking game there. Will it work on an ipad 2?

7. JeremySpillmann

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
    #7 JeremySpillmann, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    @Slem: Oh, awesome, what will your presented game be?

@Echoen: Yes, it will work on an iPad 2, the iPad 1 has memory issues, but the 2 handles it fine, last I recall.

8. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    UHR-Warlords is the name of the game ;) (thread can be found in this board)
    Hope to see you there!

9. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I hope your game will be out before the event! It will, right? :D

10. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    #10 CzechCongo, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  11. Zayah

Zayah Member

Feb 7, 2014
    High-School
    Minnesota
    This seems really original :D

12. JeremySpillmann

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
  13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I watched the video and I like the game even more :D I think the hand drawn Earth really accomplishes what you were hoping for, and the intentions of the game are noble.

Once again I'm very impressed by the visuals can't wait to play it myself :D

14. CzechCongo

Jul 17, 2013
    An educational game about nuclear war? I guess the only way to win is not to play.

Just kidding, I'll play it.

15. CzechCongo

Jul 17, 2013
    Google translate follows, with hilarious parts bolded by me. Seems to indicate release on March 12.

Today we came upon a large-scale nuclear war strategy of developers Feinheit - «First Strike». Military conflicts between the superpowers, of course, can not be called gay, but the guys from Feinheit decided to try. And I must tell you that they got it very, very well. In First Strike we will assume the role of Chief of the military actions of one of the superpowers, whose interests we are impressed. Much difference between them except the location on the globe, is not here. And the card itself, and which players have to achieve our destiny, is the planet Earth, and the only player to decide what to do: to be a "hippie" and lead a peaceful policy, or unleash a global nuclear war. The main focus of the game is done, no doubt, by the fighting.

After selecting a superpower will develop the country, to expand its boundaries, explore new development (a development tree in the game is quite extensive) and increase firepower. Manage all these functions is very simple: the planet can rotate swipe, zoom in and out, and perform all the actions we all with one touch. For example, to learn new technologies, simply click on one of our territories and from the pop-up menu select «Research», but enough to attack a couple of seconds to hold your finger on the enemy territory and fly a rocket. And if you're very angry someone, then you fly so-called "First Strike" - a myriad of nuclear missiles that will not leave power on the player and wet places. But you first apply prohibits such a hit? Simple in this game is the only control. The very same gameplay is very diverse: the situation on the political map will be constantly changing, artificial intelligence opponents often make you think, how to act properly. Do you create your alliance and show everyone who is actually the supreme arbiter, or will fall under the weight of a powerful enemy - it all depends on you.

Intuitive interface, addictive gameplay and great graphics make you sit more than one hour for this ambitious strategy. I note that this game would fit very well the multiplayer of several players. It would be great to play with real opponents. I hope that the developers think in this direction. But without it First Strike, definitely, is a project of AAA grade. The game will be released in March, only for tablets running iOS and Android.

16. DomTranslator

DomTranslator Active Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Wow

Jeremy, this game looks amazing. The visual is great, and the concept is interesting to say the least. I wish we could play a beta version! :D

Keep us posted!

17. JeremySpillmann

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
    @DomTranslator: Thank you very much. I just posted some codes of the Preview Version in the Giveaway section. Grab one if you can.

In the meantime: First Strike Got Some Early First Looks for the 1.0.1

Calm Down Tom (4 Stars)
    Touch Tap Play (4 Stars)

[​IMG]
    It is also nominated for "Best Upcoming Game" at the IMGA Awards. "Framed" is probably my favourite of the competition, but who knows, maybe we can get an award home from GDC. That would be absolutely amazing

Definitive Release will be 12.3.14. We are really excited how it will fare

18. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Next week! Awesome!

19. CzechCongo

Jul 17, 2013
    Looking forward to next week!

20. DomTranslator

DomTranslator Active Member

Feb 17, 2014
    How I wish I could. But I'm on vacation abroad, and left my iPad at home - on purpose :) I'll be waiting for the release on 12.3, though.

BTW, and I don't think this was asked before, will it be F2P with IAPs or what?

Looking forward to it, even more after I read the reviews!