Launch of Voice to Voice: fastest and easiest translator. FREE for launch

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Macvanderspek, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Macvanderspek

Macvanderspek Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Launched a few minutes ago! Get it for free as launch offer!

Easiest translator and interpreter in the app store! Recognizes your spoken language immediately and speaks out the translation. As simple as that. Vital app to have on your device.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Thanks. Might have to use it when I chat with my Britsh friends.

3. XvEsunavX

XvEsunavX Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Can't find on us store. My German is livable but sometimes my friends go wtf? Hoping this will be my go to over I translate voice.

4. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
  5. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#5 Habakuk, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
    Promising approach. But sometimes it crashes to homescreen (iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3). And sometimes it doesn’t recognize well the spoken language and gives out some rubbish or gives out the same language as spoken. And there is a small ad at the bottom of the screen but that’s not so dramatic. The software doesn’t remember my last settings (languages) when I start it from new.

But thanks anyway. Recommended so far. I hope for an update.

6. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Habakuk,

Thanks for the constructive feedback. We plan to submit the first update to Apple tomorrow. Remembering the settings should be in, and we improved the stability further.
    We are also considering an option to basically 'force' one language to be recognized, so you can set it to translator mode. But we haven't figured out how to do this without making the user interface more complex. Right now it's as simple as possible.

7. kia001

kia001 Active Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Just tried it out - works rather well on iPhone 5 7.0.2

Played around with rus to eng phrases - was pleasantly surprised. App recognizes the phrases most of the time, and if you keep them simple the translation is quite decent.

Maybe you should add a button to cancel the vocalization if you see that the phrase wasn't properly recognized.

All in all, good job guys!

8. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Iphone 4 5.1.1
    Crashes on trying to open it.
    Please fix. Sounds really neat. I love the concept.

9. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Thanks all. We have identified the reason for the crash for some people, this will be fixed in the upcoming update. We have also improved the speed of the translation quite a bit, and made it behave (even) more smoothly overall.

The plan is to submit these improvements as an update later today. After that, we have to wait for Apple to approve it..

10. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    To get an impression of Voice to Voice, see the video below. As we said, this interpreter is as easy as it gets!

11. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Thanks for this one!

12. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    vii-Lucky, thanks! We expect the new update to be approved this weekend. We still see more new users every day, I guess the ease of use (pick up your iPhone, press app button and start talking) is what makes it popular!

13. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Check out this discussion on this iPhone blog on the interpreter. And check out the app of course! It's free and works really well. Update is around the corner.

https://www.facebook.com/iphone4s

14. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Update is available in the store!

The following improvements have been made:

1. Added introduction
    2. Language selection stored
    3. Logo graphics fixed
    4. Improved speed - parallel processing of speech
    5. Improved stability - any crashes on startup resolved

And it is still FREE! Get it now! :)

15. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
  16. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    We have added support for five more languages, including Chinese and Arabic. It's still a free app, check it out!

17. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    English should have the ENGLISH flag!! that's why it's English :)

18. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    #18 GaZ-OiD, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    There is a fundamental flaw and that is, if what you say is misinterpreted surly it simply translates rubbish???

What should happen is, what you say is written and stays on screen until you can see what you said and approve the translation to go ahead, or re record if what you said is not what was understood correctly

Your simply assuming the translation is going to be perfect every time

19. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    I'm gonna get it while it's free as well. Thanks!

20. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Gaz-Oid,

The idea is to have the app act as an interpreter, and translate on the fly. If you would have to approve every translation, this aspect goes away. In any case, if you are misunderstood and it is a wrong translation as a result, you can simply speak again, no?

Regarding the flag, we are using American English and wanted to represent that.

Thanks and good luck with the app! We will continue to enhance it.