The future of Epic Citadel

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by coconutbowling, Sep 7, 2010.

1. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Even though it's just a tech demo, I really love the feeling of just wandering. No plot, no purpose, just to go wherever and experience the surroundings. I know people are wanting a full game with the unreal engine, but who else thinks that just a vast open world would be fun to wander through. I would love to visit a virtual detailed city or forest or cave. (and hidden areas for fun) Maybe I'm just crazy but I really hope a dev decides to do this.

2. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I also like that idea! :)

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah that's a good idea. It would be a nice puzzle game, with no enemies, no quests, no killing. Just hidden objects/areas and maybe some puzzles to solve.

4. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Maybe, something similar to myst albeit more less puzzling. I want something relaxing and at the same time exciting. Something like iClouds (which i believe isn't in the app store anymore)

5. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I'm happy to just wander around and find cool stuff, make an in game diary of pictures and notes. Maybe find a virtual wifey. Hahaha

6. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Yeah, would be nice to have a world where you could do whatever you want. It could be a gta-like game mechanic (free roaming and interactive objects) except the killing and stuff.

7. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Finally installed it, and damn does it look pretty!! Totally had an Oblivion feel to it.
    [​IMG]

8. KnightRider25

KnightRider25 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Man, I saw the Demo from the Apple Event and the battle system looks freaking awesome!

While this is a Tech Demo, I wonder how will it run when they put characters in it.

9. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    The full game will be coming out sometime this holiday, from Apple's keynote

10. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I still haven't seen that video, I'm going to spend some time catching up.

11. KnightRider25

KnightRider25 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
  12. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    great idea plus add option to see others players roaming, doing puzzles online and talk

13. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Starting to sound like an mmo which exactly what I didn't want this thread on

14. synther

synther Well-Known Member

I've made my decision. No 3DS, no PSP, but a next gen iPad.

15. mwhite67

mwhite67 Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    I love my iPad. I use it constantly for all kinds of stuff. It's great for comics. Kind of light in the game department so far though.

16. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    But what about the 3D VIZU-ULS?

17. synther

synther Well-Known Member

I actually kinda hate Apple and it's products, I don't like the way people act when they have a Mac or something, I don't like the way Apple is marketing, etc.

I do like their products. They are doing very well with their iPhones (don't have an iPhone 4 though, I gave the Galaxy S a go), iPods and the iPad. I really like doing stuff on an iPad (I used it in stores, couple of friends have one), and since most games aren't over 10 dollars, it offers relatively cheap games (DS games for example are overpriced and most of them suck). This is everything I want. It's the way I want to play games on a portable device. I obviously haven't tried the 3DS yet, but I'm quite sure that the iPad will satisfy me more than the 3DS.

18. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Bolded: A tad contradictory.
    Underlined: Lol how?

19. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I think what he means is that Apple has become almost a status symbol. You see someone on a train with a MacBook and the glowing Apple logo and it's like they're showing off.
    At least that's what some people think. I don't really mind it though.

20. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Yea that's how I saw it too, just wanted to see what he had to say heh.

I can agree to a certain level though, I mean not gonna lie when I'm in the library and I see someone else pull out a MB/P I think 'Oh, so you're a Mac too. Cool' :p