Confirmed Games Enhanced for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Eli, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Hey dudes,

Let's use this thread to post games we stumble across that either the developers have mentioned submitting an update that somehow takes advantage of the features of the iPhone 4, or updates that are already on the App Store.

So far we've got Carcassonne confirmed via Twitter- http://twitter.com/CarcassonneApp/status/16722087357

And both-

Flight Control

✈ NEW: STORM AIRFIELD! ✈ REWIND FEATURE! ✈
    Flight Control is a must-have App Store classic. It's the incredibly sim…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ✈ NEW: STORM AIRFIELD! ✈ REWIND FEATURE! ✈
    Flight Control is a must-have App Store classic. It's the incredibly simple, yet insanely addictive worldwide #1 game from Firemint that invented the "line drawing" genre. Over 4,000,000 copies sold – don’t miss out, play all six unique maps in the original and best today!
    ----------------------------------------
    ✈ Macworld awarded Flight Control an extremely rare 5 out of 5 mice: "The unique gameplay is perfectly suited to the device, and I am hopelessly addicted."
    ✈ Pocket Gamer: “Flight Control is one of those essential games that you'll continually return to and will remain on your iPhone forever”
    ✈ Touch Arcade: “the winning balance of easy pick-up gameplay, ramping difficulty and tickling the need to try ‘just one more time’”
    Air traffic control is the world's most stressful job, but not for you. You don't need heading angles, flight rules or meteorological reports, you're a natural! A prodigy! A born controller!

✔ Incredibly easy to learn! Just touch and drag the aircraft to their landing zones and avoid collisions.
    ✔ Insanely addictive – it only takes a minute to get started, but it’s impossible to stop!
    ✔ NEW MAP – Storm Airfield! A thunderstorm is wreaking havoc, striking aircraft with lightning – zapped aircraft cannot be redirected for a short time!
    ✔ NEW FEATURE – Rewind! Purchase rewinds to turn back time - revert disaster and earn higher scores
    ✔ Fly solo, or share landing duties with a friend - online via Game Center on iOS4.2, over local Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth
    ✔ Turn on the voice chat option to talk with the other controller when in online multiplayer mode (off by default)
    ✔ Aim for a new personal best or compete against other Flight Controllers in online leaderboards
    ✔ Earn achievements when you complete challenges, including the new ‘Thunderstruck’ achievement for the Storm Airfield
    ✔ Visit all 6 airfields including Beach, Original, Windy, Australian Outback, Aircraft Carrier and the new Storm Airfield each with unique characteristics and challenges!
    ✔ Featuring 10 aircraft types including jets, helicopters and seaplanes!
    So welcome aboard, please sit back, fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the mayhem – treat yourself and buy Flight Control now, or surprise a friend and Gift This App!
    ⓘ For the latest inside info from Firemint, join us on our site, Facebook or Twitter! Please report bugs on our support site so we can assist you - visit www.firemint.com for links and details.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Mar 06, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Real Racing

Experience all of the excitement, competition and glory of championship racing. This is handheld racing like you've neve…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Experience all of the excitement, competition and glory of championship racing. This is handheld racing like you've never seen before, in the most stunning, realistic and intuitive racer on iPhone and iPod touch. Get Real Racing today, and find out what everyone is raving about!

* 9.5/10 Gamespot
    * 9/10 IGN
    * #1 Racing Game in 55 countries

- 6 car grid. Unlock 48 cars in 4 classes and 12 unique tracks set in city, forest and desert environments.

- 6 game modes including massive career mode with 76 events.

- Touch or tilt to steer, manual or automatic acceleration and braking.

- In-car cockpit view or external camera.

- *NEW* up to 4-person online multiplayer through Game Center (3G or Wi-Fi).

- Local multiplayer supporting up to 6 players (over Wi-Fi).

- Earn more than a dozen all-new achievements.

View achievements and leaderboards in the Game Center app (on iOS 4.1 devices). Online content requires an internet connection.

- Watch video replays and easily upload to YouTube.

RACE IT YOUR WAY

Race the way you want to, with 6 different game modes. Challenge friends in local or online multiplayer and leave them in your dust! Work your way up from rookie to world champion in Career mode. Slice off another split second in Time Trial and upload your personal best. Only got a minute? Get behind the wheel for a Quick Race.

IMMERSE YOURSELF
    Tear through forests, seaside circuits and burning deserts, with the roar of the engine and the sounds of an adoring crowd in your ears! Beautiful track environments, carefully detailed cars and console quality 3D sound effects create the most exhilarating racing experience on the iPhone.

TAKE CONTROL
    Intuitive, realistic controls take care of things under the hood just like an expert pit crew, while you focus on your racing line. Accurate surface variations including asphalt, grass, gravel and chicanes affect vehicle speed, responsiveness and handling.

GET PERSPECTIVE
    Our unique in-car cockpit view places you in the driver's seat. Get feedback from the animated driver and race data incorporated into dashboard instruments.

TWEAK IT
    Looking for more than just factory settings? Adjust handling and sensitivity to suit, with a huge range of options. Control methods include tilt to steer or touch to steer, manual or automatic acceleration and brake-assist options.

SHOW THE WORLD
    Easily set up a link to your YouTube channel to publish your best laps automatically then share them with friends.

ONLINE MULTIPLAYER
    Log in to Game Center to challenge and compete against friends from around the world in a race of your choice and/or open auto-match slots and wait for other players to join! Compete for glory in a range of online leagues through Cloudcell, and battle your way through rival drivers from all over the world to advance to the top.

GET CONNECTED WITH GAME CENTER AND CLOUDCELL

Compare achievements and time-trial results with friends and rivals with Game Center (iOS4.1 devices only) and Cloudcell (all devices). Visit realracing.cloudcell.com to see lap times and set up your own custom leaderboards.

KEEP ON RACING

76 events in the full career mode, 6 modes of play, local and online multiplayer, numerous online leagues and rankings against your friends or the world ensure endless hours of fun.

With Firemint Real Racing, the race is in your hands…

*****Buy now and start your engines!*****
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:Jun 08, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (7)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Anyone find any others?

2. noelbernie

noelbernie Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    do these new versions run in high resolution on iPad - not full screen, but almost .. and with no 2x button on the bottom right ?

3. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    #3 Wicked8146, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
  5. Just got Real Racing update for idevice 4.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Thanks for the heads up!

7. Vinyl Darhma

Vinyl Darhma Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    you sir are a funny man...

8. Crescent Flare

Crescent Flare Well-Known Member

My own app Marblenauts will also feature high-resolution graphics on the new iPhone in update 1.1, which has been submitted for review last week. Just read this message as an announcement :)

9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Wrong thread, I know (I couldn't find a suitable iPhone 4 thread, and I'm too lazy to make a new one).

Here's a video recorded on an iPhone 4. It's only 360p, not 720p, but it still looks pretty good IMO.

10. jacksoncombs

jacksoncombs Well-Known Member

will there be one for street fighter 4

11. HOODED

HOODED Active Member

Dec 3, 2009
    England, UK
    Lol, slightly offtopic, but nice vid man. Get a 720p up with a bit of movement please :D

Thanks, I never knew Real Racing has been updated. I'll download the update now for it.

12. Vinyl Darhma

Vinyl Darhma Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    i want to watch the rest of that match :mad:

13. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I am very interested on what these games look like on the iPad as well. Anyone take a shot yet?

-Greg

14. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I wanna see an update for SF4 and Peggle...

15. arturogoga

arturogoga Member

Oct 14, 2009
    #15 arturogoga, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
    Tried Flight Control on my iPad, and as I expected, it has the same 480x320 graphics from the previous version, so no 960x640 for iPad users.

Makes sense anyway, my guess is that there's probably a check somewhere which looks for iOS 4 and specific hardware to use the other resolution, and since the iPad has neither a 960x640 nor iOS 4, it just installs the same version one would see in an iPhone 3G / 3GS

Oh, and here's a screenshot of Flight Control running on an iPhone 4, by the way: http://yfrog.com/f/hqvz5p/

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    And while they're updating Peggle, they could finally get the music in there! :rolleyes:

17. agent59512935

agent59512935 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008

That update just came out today!

18. cjelly

cjelly Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #18 cjelly, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
    Cro-Mag Rally just got updated to run at full-res on iPhone 4.

Edit: Looks like all of Pangea's games have been updated to 960x640 on iPhone 4. :)

19. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    While most mainstream games would probably add support to multitasking, I'm going to doubt that they would scale up their existing games for it, too costly for something that's already sold. We'll probably have to wait for newer titles that are developed in the future.

20. agent59512935

agent59512935 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008

I hope you are wrong about this because that is EXTREMELY lame if true.