NOVA 3 - Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Wait a second... No banshee?? Awwww maybe in nova 4...

2. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    I just hope this will work on my first gen ipod classic

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #263 Rip73, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
    According to one reviewer they played a pre release build (not ipad 3 ready, no retina iPad resolution) on an iPad 2 for the reviews so it should be pretty much the same.
    Dynamic shadows and certain lighting effects will be in the final build which I guess might only work on iPad 3.
    But seemedly, what you see is what you'll get assuming the additions don't affect performance.

In the past, I've always preferred the modern combat mutiplayer to the NOVA mutiplayer, hated that jump button for some reason.
    But it looks very much like that's about to change.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sorry meant to say to play the online multiplayer, you need to create a gameloft live account.
    In the game, when you click on multiplayer, it'll ask for user id and pass word or give option to set up account which is very easy, email address, password and date of birth basically.
    Welcome on board.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Multiplayer looks awesome. Vehicles? About time. Lots of similarities to Halo Reach, which is a good thing. Not long now before it's out.

6. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Nice to hear from you Callum! I was beginning to think Gameloft had stopped caring about the more hardcore gamers in order to cater to the masses with casual freemium titles. Is there an approximate release window for this in May (late, early, mid?)? From the gameplay I've seen, it appears that there's still quite a bit of work to do, including retina iPad optimization (that is happening, right?).

7. megasiech

megasiech Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    ok .. Thank you for all the great Games . and the Amazing Order & Chaos MMO... any Chance for Backstab 2 ? :D

8. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    No , please do Zombie Infection 2 before you do Backstab 2 :) and when you do Zombie Infection please use the same graphics engine you use on Nova 3 of course unless you use the Unreal Engine.

9. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    my iphone 4s cant wait for this damn it looks good ,but it would be even crazier if i could also play this on my android 3D phone i have laying around somewhere ,cause playing nova1 in full 3D was preatty sweet

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    [​IMG]

11. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    #271 Kbcorwin, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    There will be nova 3 tournaments, on which you can "win lots of prizes"
    Its in the mp trailer on the customization screens

[​IMG]

12. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I keep wanting to make some constructive inquisitions of the game itself but the only damn thing I can think of is if the damn thing will run on iPod. I don't wanna get hyped if I can't play it...

And since Gameloft isn't ####ing answering me I guess I'll have to wait and see :/

Even if iPod does run it it will be a laggy piece of shit, you can bet your ass.

13. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    And if it isn't?..... I'd like to keep my ass and be an optimist

14. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    Tournament eh? This is gonna be great

15. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    It will run on ipod. I don't even know if there are any iPhone games that don't also run on an ipod, except for maybe those gimmicky Augmented reality ones that use the camera as a main feature.

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

You do know that the iPod has had two cameras for more than one and a half years now...

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    A good post is a good post. Haha made me laugh :)

No, not on your 3rd gen iPod! The minimum requierment will probably be iPod 4th gen.

18. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    This looks EPIC!!!!!!

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Dont worry, it will. Someone from Gameloft confirmed this on Youtube as a reply to a question about it. I'm more worried about the firmware since I run an old JB firmware.

20. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Finally managed to finish NOVA 2 a couple days ago, and man was that ending atrocious.

It was a fun jaunt, though. I could've done without some of the vehicle sections, though. On iPhone, at least, it's hard to make out enemies when zooming through the environments. I bet I would have a LOT more fun with those sections if I played on an iPad.

Anyway, after playing through it AND MC3, I can't WAIT. Someone mentioned something about Resistance on Vita. I'm buying that, as well, and can't wait to see how the two stack up against each other.

I know it's not a proper comparison, but NOVA 3 looks to offer SOOOO much. It's beautiful, will offer 5+ hours of gameplay, a bunch of multiplayer modes, etc. Kinda makes R3 look not very enticing. We shall see.

Can't wait. Hope this makes it out next week.