Support our Sponsors:
View Poll Results: Which is the best 3D table tennis game?
Table Tennis Star 12 24.00%
iPingPong 3D 15 30.00%
Zen Table Tennis 2 4.00%
World Cup Ping Pong 21 42.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2013, 02:24 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
I tried out World Cup Table Tennis lite version and am having some control lags. My paddle lags or just plain freezes quite enough times to make the game really frustrating to play.. Probably I should try to restart my iPod touch to see if it helps...but don't want to buy the full version if it lags for me.

I just tried Virtual Table Tennis 3 too and found it pretty good in the limited time I spent with it. I quite like the feel of this game. The main thing is there's some IAP for things like removing ads and "unlimited energy" (even though I'm not sure where that's used). Looks like you can buy new bats with with in game coins..but I can't figure out how to earn those coins without spending real money. Anyways..I still quite like the feel of this game so we'll see.

But didn't know this thread even existed. As an aside, my company bought a table tennis table and a few cheap paddles. I've never played table tennis before and started playing and found it quite fun. A lot of people in my company knows how to play and some of them helps "coaching/training" a few of us. Recently some of the beginners, including me, bought out own premade paddles cause we like the game a lot. Fun stuff. The hardest part for us is returning others spinning serves, especially those crazy side spins! ;-P

Anyways, sorry for the side track story. I've enjoyed playing real table tennis so much, so when I saw this thread pop up, I started looking at these games and was excited to try some.
I've always liked ping pong since I was a kid ( many, many years ago) and I quite enjoy Virtual Table Tennis 3. Never needed to buy any of the IAP and am still very competitive. There are so many ping pong games these days it's hard to tell which one to get, and since I've played a handful of 'em, this one gets my vote. As far a I know, the 'World Cup Ping Pong' doesn't exist in he US store. It's called World Cup Table Tennis here, and Table Tennis Star isn't available at all. IMO, Slam and Spin is just terrible! VTT3 is definitely happening and WCTT is quite good, too. I'd go with one of those for sure!

Last edited by bigrand1; 08-24-2013 at 02:29 PM..
Old 09-15-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
I've always liked ping pong since I was a kid ( many, many years ago) and I quite enjoy Virtual Table Tennis 3. Never needed to buy any of the IAP and am still very competitive. There are so many ping pong games these days it's hard to tell which one to get, and since I've played a handful of 'em, this one gets my vote. As far a I know, the 'World Cup Ping Pong' doesn't exist in he US store. It's called World Cup Table Tennis here, and Table Tennis Star isn't available at all. IMO, Slam and Spin is just terrible! VTT3 is definitely happening and WCTT is quite good, too. I'd go with one of those for sure!
I must humbly disagree. I think slam and spin is so nice. I think it would be the best if there were tournaments. It's personal preference but what don't you like about it. IMHO Vtt3 is fun, but no matter what paddle you use, putting spin is almost non-existent
Edit. Maybe you didn't try past the novice? The novice category does bite. Expert is fast as it should be

Last edited by tunaVille; 09-15-2013 at 05:46 PM..