Movies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 17, 2010.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Watched Lincoln. Good biography. Stellar acting.

2. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Olavi, I just had a close look at your sig.I think you're missing an "i" from the lower case, or you're adding an extra "i" from the upper case.

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Holy crap, dude, you haven't seen Batman Begins, and hadn't seen the Dark Knight?!

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    No its correct. Yea ninja I wasnt into superhero movis before I watched TDKR

5. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Dude... That's crazy. See, actually I can kinda relate, because I wasn't a Batman fan until I saw Batman Begins. That movie. Wow. Then the Dark Knight came and blew me away. Then TDKR came, it wasn't as good as TDK to me, but man it was still awesome.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah TDK is definitely the better than Rises. Wow the plot :O And joker. My god that movie is seriously a masterpiece. Batman is probably my favorite movie trilogy now! Just gotta see batman begins before I can decide. PotC was best, but it's no trilogy anymore. Oh and same applies to Indiana Jones

7. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, TDK is brilliant. BB is awesome, too, though. Great origin story.

Yeah the Dark Knight Trilogy is my second favorite trilogy of all time.

8. I was sleepy that day, and fell asleep halfway through the movie. But Daniel was pretty good as Lincoln. Did the movie pick up after the beginning parts?

9. TDK was awesome, and most of it was Los Angeles, so the scenes all showed LA buildings which was kind of strange. But great movie, especially in an expensive theater with rocking music.

Hmmm... Maybe I'll go watch a movie tomorrow, anyone got any suggestions?

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Heh...no. It's essentially a detailing of the passage of the 14th amendment. Bunch of political wheeling and dealing.

I was sleepy too and closed my eyes a few times...definitely not for when you have a short attention span or are tired.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    When does that new die hard movie come out? That looked fun.

Right now is sorta the meh season for movies. Studios dump the bombs around this time. Summer and Christmas is the time to go!

12. Working on a brand new iPhone game at the moment but after I finish for the day I've been sitting down and watching Battlestar Galactica starting right at the beginning. How good was that series!

13. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Saw Here Comes The Boom last night. Pretty funny, nothing spectacular, but still entertaining.

14. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    A good day to die hard releases on 14th Feb in India!

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Watching The Avengers. Rented it.

16. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Dude, you hadn't seen the Avengers either? :eek:

Lol. The Avengers is a super fun movie, though. A lot more casual than TDKR. Although they're different genres, I think I prefer TDKR, however. Two biggest comic book movies of last year.

17. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Doesn't look like any of the movies (Beautiful Creatures, Safe Haven, A Good Day to Die Hard) coming out this weekend are worth watching. Oh well. If you still haven't seen it, Silver Linings Playbook would be an awesome film to catch for Valentine's weekend.

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yes I prefer Batman. Though Avengers was badass, the plot was too simple, generic and dull.

And I hadnt watched many superhero movies before TDKR. That got me into those. And after that Ive watched at least 5 superhero movies

19. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #2439 k1lljoy_89, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    Me and my brother grew up big Marvel fans, so the Avengers was awesome. I think a lot of what makes the Avengers great is lost if you're weren't/aren't a marvel fan, the reinventing of characters is the best part.

That being said, Batman > everyone else.

Silver Linings is fantastic

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    We rewatched Capote last night on Netflix Instant. Great movie!