Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-09-2013, 02:58 AM
iPhone 5

Thank you - saved me wasting my time and money on this! Without a doubt this will go free, that must be why the timers are there, plus no iPhone 5/5S support is very poor. It takes 2 minutes to add the few lines of text to the plst and the screen file :@
Old 11-09-2013, 08:15 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I'm just glad I could help. I think I'm gonna try for my first ever refund. Not sure if I'll get it but it's most certainly false advertising, double dipping.

Unless the developer steps up and says they'll remove said timers... I won't be holding my breath.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:11 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Looking at the gameplay video the game actually looks amazing and fun. But that timer kills it. I wouldn't have expected that with a game this price.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:12 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Looking at the gameplay video the game actually looks amazing and fun. But that timer kills it. I wouldn't have expected that with a game this price.
Yeah seriously. If your patient, I'm sure this will go free sooner than later. That must be why the timer is there in the first place. It just sucks for the early supporters of the game and than after the initial "pay rush" ends, the developer changes it to free. Really rubs me the wrong way. Because this tactic exist, I believe it should be mandatory to state somewhere in the App description that the game features timers, just like it says contains IAP.

A premium priced game can have IAP and be totally fine and not have timers. This has IAP for Shards (currency) to purchase additional monsters, power-ups, and speeding up the heal timer. Also has IAP to temporarily gain Shard Doubler and Experience Doubler. Both temporary which is ridiculous.

On the bright side, getting a refund from the App Store is super easy. It's automated so I take it as long as you don't have a history of refunds, it just says immediately after selecting refund that it'll appear in 5 to 7 business days.

Last edited by ScotDamn; 11-09-2013 at 06:15 PM..
Old 11-13-2013, 01:42 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Hello!

The game was initially targeted for iPad but we were released it for iPhones as well. My error in not posting to the iPhone forums as well. The launch version for iPhones has vertical letterboxing in the game - our apologies in not getting it optimized for launch. That said, version 1.2 is going into submission this week and will support fullscreen gameplay for iPhones as well as Gamecenter achievements and leaderboards.
I will post some more screenshots here tomorrow!

Edit: also, to address one of the concerns - with the Injured Units timer (the only timer in the game, btw), we can certainly tune it in the next version. If people are feeling like it's too punishing or expensive, we'd love to hear the feedback. The goal with it was to not have unit permadeath (like XCom) but still have unit loss during a mission mean something.

Cheers!

Last edited by Fox_Niemand; 11-13-2013 at 01:51 AM.. Reason: Updated response
Old 11-13-2013, 06:32 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Walkthrough Video

Hello all!

Thought it might be useful to share a playthrough video that we've got where we go over some of the core gameplay mechanics for the game. Enjoy!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-25-2013, 05:10 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Version 1.2 is now out:

-Game Center support (Leaderboards & Achievements)!
-Everyplay video sharing - record videos and share them with your friends!
-Fullscreen support during mission gameplay on iPhone 4s or better

-Fixed an IAP bug that was sometimes resulting in odd Shard bundle amounts
-Retuned the Injured Unit timers and costs to heal
-Additional bug fixes

Any impression regarding the Timer and widescreen support on this version?