Universal Darkness Rush: Saving Princess

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Still wondering about plans for iCloud....
    Didn't seem to get a response last time I checked (unless I missed it)... :)

2. killsheep

killsheep Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    iCould will be supported later.
    After I discussed iCloud with my colleague, we find that it is not a technique problem, but a problem of gameplay.
    This kind of game is not a RPG to allow you save/load multi-time.
    So iCloud is not a important feature for us now, and have some dangerous(if there is some bug, you will lose your gold and armors).

We think we should support iCloud after gameplay of this game is polished.
    Do you want better gameplay or just iCloud for now?:D

3. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Game Impressions

Awesome game, just got it. Waited for the update due to the complaints, but no slowdowns or crashing on my iPad 2, and I didn't restart it or close any open programs. Bought Helena the instant I saw her, damn beautiful :D

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks for the update. Works fine now on my iPod. Love the graphics. Don't normally like endless runners but really like this. Very good game

5. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    if you like darkness rush,please rate it with 5 stars and write a review for it at iTunes.

6. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does this game have achievements?

7. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Yes, 20 GC achievements

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #308 Exact-Psience, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
    I didnt want to post anything until i have fully tested v1.0.1. In a nutshell, this version is still a mixed bag.

First of all, the startup problem on ipod touch4 has been fixed and that is the best thing I got from this version. I've never experienced a crash yet, and the performance is generally better, but there are still very minor slow downs.

Next the difficulty increase. First of all, there's too much going on on the ground and the air now.

Is it just me or there are just way more runes clumped closer together, and way more fireballs trying to mess you up? I still cant decide if this is a good thing or if this is bad. There are times when i get through waves of runes, fireballs and spikes and the feeling is just fantastic. There is so much action that i got through successfully and there is no feeling so much better.

And then, there are times when you think that THAT moment was impossible withoutdestroying all those traps by transforming. A rune above you, a rune right behind it, 4 fireballs in succession right in front of you, and a little above and under and one more rune that you still couldnt see untill it was too late, if ever you get through the trap clump before that.

With everything going on, I feel that this version made success more luck-based rather than skill-based which in more ways are bad than good.

AND THEN THERE'S THE FLAME JETS. Jets of flame in the lava area that jump from underground and act as walls that you need to jump over to get through.

----THESE FLAME JETS ARE FRUSTRATING.----
    How? When you are at a faster speed, these jets of flame are impossible to double jump in time. Why? Because you have so much forward speed that double jumping+flying doesnt have enough vertical speed animation that you get caught in the fire doing so. I didnt really notice how frustrating these jets are in the first version because you only encounter them in the second lave area about 2.5km away, but i did remember getting killed because of these flame jets.

And i dont even want to add the frustration of the fact that the platform you are standing on will occasionally move down lower making these jets towering flames of "restart"

Now in v1.0.1, they are present in the first lava area and man this is where i get killed most.

This is a serious balance issue and gets a little too frustrating taking much of the fun out of the game whenever you die AT THE SAME EXACT WAY. It is ok to die from it IF you also die from other traps alternatively in a more well-spread out fashion. BUT NO. YOU WILL ALWAYS DIE FROM FLAME JETS MORE THAN THE OTHER TRAPS.

As with the coins, I can only look at an average of 400 to 500 coins per run, but they happen in a much shorter span of time. I still dont know if the coins are gained much faster over time within multiple plays. I also noticed that the x2 Coins powerup is only at 100 now instead of 200 in the previous version.

I am not saying I hate this game now. I still pretty much believe this has the potential to be the best runner game. But this version has been more frantic (which can be good) and frustrating (definitely bad) in a lot more ways than it was in the first version.

I will still be playing this game regularly, and I will be looking forward to future revisions of this game. Thank you.

9. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Dang, I really want to try this game out, but I need to refill my iTunes. :|

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I recommend you get the game when you have the kaching. Definitely one of those games worthy to be in your device for a long time.

Despite my rants about some of the game's specifics, this is still one of my favorite games on the iOS and is one of the best runners out there.

11. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    We will continue to re-balance gameplay of this game, and add new power ups to help you run farther and give you more fun than before.

12. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Anyone else notice that the stats from the equipment don't stack? It seems to just use the highest ones. I have Santa's hat and the cowboy belt on - with those two, the speed increase total should be 1.5, but it's only showing 1 star more (the amount provided by the hat). So uh, what's the deal?

13. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    #313 lumothesinner, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
    Fireballs definitely need to be toned down. Have no idea how there are still huge distances being logged as I can only manage about 3000 if I'm lucky whereas before I was getting 4500-5000 every time.

What was wrong with the difficulty level before. When I managed to beat my best distance before I felt skillful, now If i even get close its all down to luck.

14. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    *** Changes about fireball ***
    "Transform state"
    Before: the count of fireballs is determined by height only.
    After: we combine distance and height to calculate count of fireballs.

"Normal State"
    Before: when you run 4000M, the count of fireballs will become maximum
    After: we add 2 new stages: 4000--5500, 5500---7000

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I have noticed something in the game, which may have broken this game's balance. And I have questions...

Everytime I reach the are just before the first Lava area, IF I AM GETTING ALL GOLD COINS IN THAT AREA, the FIRST lava area will have Flame Jets in between platforms.

If the coins right before the first lava area is a combination of silver and gold coins, the Firat lava area will NOT have the flame jets.

Now to my Questions. How is this determined? Is it determined randomly everytime you start a game?

In my own observation and experience, the flame jets make the game more difficult hence the increase in coin value gathered (gold). So does the game difficulty change every start of the game at random?

Whatever the case, are these intentional?

I am dying to know.

16. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    Stats of equipment just define how valuable it is.
    And it is different from the stats of character.
    For example, if my character's Jump is 2 stars, it doesn't mean it will become 4 stars if I equip 2 'one-star' equipment. Add because, The smallest unit of character profile is half-star, so that sometime when you equip a 'one star' equipment, that profile will not change at graphic(Its value really has changed).

17. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    #317 killsheep, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
    No, we have 2 versions of first lava area!
    And one is easy and the other is hard,
    You have 33% chance to encounter the hard version.
    It is determined randomly everytime you start a game!
    If you encounter the hard version, you can see there are more golds too.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I knew it. I think changing the area difficulty everytime you start a game defeats game balance. Maybe it's just me.

But I think in a Runner game, the best way to tackle it is to start out slow and ramp up difficulty the farther you get in every run.

Random difficulty everytime you start is a unique way to diversify gameplay, but it doesnt necessarily mean good all the time.

19. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    OK, it seems the hard version is too hard now:D

20. nonexist

nonexist Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Male
    USA
    I'm agree with this