Tiny Tower - Tips & Strategies Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, Jun 23, 2011.

1. gamenumbers

gamenumbers New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Does anyone have a list of the floors that stock the most items? Right now for me it looks like the Pancake House has 5K items or over 10K including the dream jobbers. This works out to 30k when the Big Spender arrives.

Wondering if there are better floors out there is not an easy way to check this in-game as most of my floors are constantly being restocked, which prevents you from checking stock levels.

I have about 42 floors and have been focusing on finding dram jobbers, although recently my tower is making a lot of coins just off stock levels, so the dream jobbers have been somewhat slowed down recently.

First post at Touch Arcade. Thanks!

2. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    There may be other sources, but here's one:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/iphone/634927-tiny-tower/faqs/63696?page=2

Under the "General Floor Details" header, there's a table that shows the details for all stores.

3. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    Is it generally a good idea to expand the stores by dropping 3 bux on them?

4. colbycheese

colbycheese Member

Jan 16, 2013
    I'm on the 6th floor! Thanks for the tips!

5. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I just started this game, I followed the tip of saving $50 to buy the coins, then buying the first elevator upgrade. That really helped me get a head start. What should I save my bucks up for after that, another elevator? The next one costs $75, so expensive. I have 14 floors now.

6. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    I personally would save up for the next elevator upgrade. If you are in it for the long haul, getting the elevator upgrades really help. (Just wait until you need the 499 buck upgrade!)

Of course if you need to spend some bucks upgrading important floors, definitely feel free to do so.

I am plugging along, waiting for floor 117 to complete construction.

7. Naked Snake

Jan 14, 2013
    #307 Naked Snake, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
    I decided to spend my 75 on the 2nd elevator upgrade, I looked around in the menu screen and it seemed like the best buy for my money. Buying another 100k coins would have only give me 2 floors. Got 17 floors now, and things seem to be going okay.

This is a pretty cool game, even tho it's kind of just work. The balance between having stuff to do, having waiting times, spending virtual currency, and just how everything works together, I find is a lot better than Pixel People, which is a game I've put a crazy amount of time into.

8. trinitycool

trinitycool Active Member

Jan 6, 2010
    California
    They updated the game and added new floors.

9. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Any more good strategies to add?

Hi guys!

I'm the owner of the guide mentioned by green_paper. I've been playing Tiny Tower pretty hardcore since the previous year mid November (that means I've been playing TT for over a year already :eek:) when I got my iDevice.

I've looked through the tips in this thread and found some interesting but personally do not feel that they work well enough (at least for me) given I've developed my own mentality of this game. Do feel free to look through my guide under "Advanced Strategies & Information" to get more strategies and more insight to new information I gathered and discovered myself. :)

Do also feel free to continue adding newer strategies (except those already mentioned in my guide) and I'll consider compiling them into my guide, with the appropriate credits, of course. :) I don't mind taking constructive criticisms of my strategies too. By the way, the tips were compiled before I read this thread, so don't argue about plagiarism.

P.S. New update: I'm working to grab the details on the new floors soon, and afterwhich I'll get up a guide update.

10. Naked Snake

Jan 14, 2013
    #310 Naked Snake, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
    I've been addicted to this game for about a week, but I started playing Pocket Planes about 3-4 days ago and finding it more compelling somehow, I'm beginning to lose motivation in Tiny Tower as a result. I'm at 30 floors but I don't have as much drive to keep going as I did before. I'll keep at it, but I'm not checking in as often to keep my stores stocked.

After another week, I'm finding Tiny Tower is a more rewarding game. Pocket Planes progresses very slowly and there are fewer and less frequent points where you feel you've accomplished something.

11. Smartass

Smartass New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Savannah
    Bux into coins

As you view videos, don't buy floors for a while. Get to the 800 Bux mark, convert them to coins, repeat often. Each floor you build gets more expensive, as does the coin conversion. Wait till you have a good million or two in coins, then go nuts adding floors :D