iPhone Elemental Rage HD by Oniric Games [metroidvania-style adventure platformer]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ArtCoder, Oct 21, 2010.

1. ArtCoder

ArtCoder Well-Known Member

#1 ArtCoder, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
    We've been working hard during the past few months on our next game. It's still under development, but we wanted to start sharing it with you guys. Without further ado, Oniric Games presents: "Elemental Rage".

[​IMG]

Elemental Rage is an adventure platformer inspired by games like Zelda and Cave Story, so if you're a fan of those (like us :)) you'll definitely enjoy our new game. We'll post more details (art, story, characters...) soon on our new site: http://www.elementalrage.com. If you want to get the latest updates as soon as possible, you can follow @ElementalRage on Twitter or sign up for our newsletter on the site.

I promise to be back with more soon!

UPDATE: Trailer:

UPDATE: Game description and features:

Free the Elemental Spirits and save a dying world! Elemental Rage is an adventure platformer that every metroidvania fan will love.

Devan, a powerful dark sorcerer, has captured the Elemental Spirits, source of all life in the planet, and created an army of soulless dark creatures that spread his reign of evil.

Only a small group of brave soldiers lead by Talis, the Spirit Guide of Water, is putting up a fight against Devan's tyranny.

They are just a handful, but they have a secret weapon - you. Take the role of Huna, a young Spirit Guide in training, free the Elemental Spirits and save the world from a dismal fate.

FEATURES:

• Explore large platforming levels, full of action, puzzles and secret passages
    • Fight vicious dark creatures, collect items and upgrade your weapons
    • Free the Elemental Spirits to level up each element (air, earth, water and fire), get powerful moves and reach new areas
    • Fully customizable controls
    • Beautifully rendered characters and environments
    • Epic original soundtrack

2. ArtCoder

Meet Huna

Hello, everyone! We're going full steam ahead with the development of Elemental Rage. It's little by little starting to turn into that game we've been wanting to make since we started Oniric Games. We hope you'll have a great time with it once it's out. But you'll have to wait a little while before that...

While you wait, here's some concept art. Meet Huna, the game's main character.

[​IMG]

Huna is a child who has lived all his life with his parents on a remote island. "We have a fine life here," his father always says. "We're together. What else could we possibly ask for?" But Huna is a always dreaming with great adventures on the other side of the ocean... As the game starts, adventure comes knocking at his door.

We'll have more for you soon!

3. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Keep them coming!!!

4. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Just saying "metroidvania" is enough to get my attention.

5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    metroidvania

6. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    @Josh good one!

@ArtCoder more sneak peeks please!

7. ArtCoder

Here's another concept of Huna:

[​IMG]

8. ArtCoder

General Hansk

This is a concept of General Hansk, one of Huna's allies in the game:

[​IMG]

9. ArtCoder

Talis

Here's another character. The mysterious Talis, the last of the Spirit Guardians and Huna's mentor in Elemental Rage.

[​IMG]

10. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA

The character art looks fabulous. Very - Legend of Zelda "Wind Waker", which I adored.

11. ArtCoder

Thanks! Glad you like the style. If you're a Zelda fan, like I am, this game will be right up your alley.

12. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    If this game looks and play a bit like Zelda I'm in for good..........lol

13. ArtCoder

First screenshot

First screenshot for the iPad version! Enjoy :)

[​IMG]

14. NoThru22

NoThru22 Well-Known Member

I can't see Talis' name without thinking of Tails from Sonic.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =o)

I search the term "metroidvania" about once a week... just hoping to find games like this one...

it looks FREAKING AWESOME!!!

16. silent genius

silent genius Well-Known Member

17. ArtCoder

:D

Thanks! We're really excited about this game. We've been wanting to make something like this since we started developing games 7+ years ago. You won't be disappointed!

18. ArtCoder

#18 ArtCoder, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
    Beta test

Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry it's been so long since the last update. Don't worry, though, we're still hard at work on Elemental Rage! :)

In fact, we're getting ready to do a beta test! We want to know what you guys think about the gameplay, the controls and so on. So here's the deal: if you like what we've posted about Elemental Rage so far and would like to give us a hand with the testing, send me a PM with the following info:
    • Games you've beta tested for (this is not required, but we'll take it into consideration)
    • iDevice model (e.g. iPad, iPod touch 4th gen, iPhone 3GS)
    • iDevice UDID
    The minimum requirements are
    • iPad, iPhone 3GS / 4, or iPod touch 2nd / 3rd / 4th gen
    • iOS 4.2
    We're aiming to have the beta build ready for the next weekend (01/21), so please apply only if you'll have some spare time around that date to give the game a try and send us your feedback. We'll contact the selected beta testers through PM as soon as possible.

Last but not least, here are three more screenshot for you all:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Edit: Added iPod touch 2G to supported devices

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    damnit, screens look AWESOME!!!

not getting my new iPod for another 3 weeks... =o/

oh well... still SUPER excited about this one!!!

20. JoeBlonde

JoeBlonde Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Judging by those screenshots, everything feels kinda empty. Don't you think?