FIFA 14 (by EA Sports)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gamigo78, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
  2. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #2 sicksilvo, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    At the end of article "..and effectively confirmed that it will launch a free-to-play version of FIFA for mobile devices before the end of the year."

Here's hoping that a) it's not true, b) there will be two versions: premium and F2P one, c) EA doesn't ruin another franchise

"FIFA 14 will release day and date with the console version" - 148Apps, Fifa 14 is set to release on September 24th (NA) - 27th (EU) for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC,and on Xbox One and PS4 later.

3 Screenshots

3. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Not terribly surprised, but I really hope they have a premium version. FIFA 13 was good enough that I decided to not get the console version this year. It was quite possibly the best sports game available for iOS. But EA already took the social stick to Madden :mad: :( so I can't say I am too encouraged for the future of the franchise on iOS.

4. LM10

LM10 Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I hate you EA, you said once fifa 13 was released a LOT of time would be put into the following Fifa game for mobile devices. Fifa 14 looks exactly the same and will be free!! This is the exact opposite. I am very dissapointed.

5. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Pretty much all fifa games on the iOS has been great interms of sales. I don't understand why they have to go to the freemium road? I am annoyed!

6. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    #6 sicksilvo, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    Guys don't forget that neither pricing model or price has been announced, this is not official statement.

I feel your pain and agree. Fifa 13 is amazing and I don't even like sports except MMA & snowboarding. Anyway here is why they (and others) decide to take that route: "We're aggressively getting out of the pre-order business," he said. "We're looking at the customer more from an ARPU perspective than a $60 perspective. We see a great opportunity to get $80 or $90 from that customer, but up-front it's just $60."

7. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Guys EA are stoked with their FTP titles. RR3 is a massive success in their eyes. They said all their upcoming titles will be moving towards that business model.
    Try not to get your hopes up

8. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Yeah same here bro! I enjoy sport sims especially soccer and American football.
    I was saddened by madden 13 going free to play but never thought fifa would also go that route. Oh well. Like you and others have said, hopefully EA releases a premium and a freemium apps simultaneously.

9. Elixir

Elixir Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Canada.
    Guyse why would you play Fifa on an touchscreen device in the first place?
    The new one looks like it has touch/swipe controls, which believe me, could break the game.
    Anyways, I replayed my old Fifa 09 disk on my 360 a few days ago, and I'm blown. It's incredibly polished, well made and beats Fifa 13 on iOS in every way possible.
    My point is, stick to a PC or console for Fifa. You wouldn't believe how much better it is until you experience it. For a start, there's much more freedom in dribbling, defending, tactics, well, just about everything :/
    Well, Fifa 13 managed to collect dust for a few months before I deleted it. Every time I opened it I closed it a few minutes later :( It just doesn't feel right

10. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    :confused:
    Something odd is going on today. Why are we all assuming everyone has, wants or needs other gaming platforms? Yes, the majority of other platforms are more powerful and will probably have better ways to control "traditional" games.

I think we can all grasp that Fifa is easier to play on console or PC. This is about having FIFA in your pocket and busting it out on the go.

Look at the title of the site matey :)

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    sorry pal, but if you are too lazy to spend some of your time learning how to play a good FIFA 13 match/career on your device, doesn't mean that it's worst than console/computer versions!
    imo, FIFA 13 is one of the best football simulations that i've played since Kick Off for Amiga & ISS for SNES (counting through these years also Winning Eleven, Pes, Fifa, etc)... and i've never been a great EA fan!

12. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Yeah, it's all about portability. I am in school so I can play a match while taking a break from studying or taking a muni to school. I sold my ps3 a while a go. I am not saying iOS gaming is superior but it fit my schedule perfectly.

13. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Because I can. And because in its current iteration, it plays well enough (and had online multiplayer) that I felt that I didn't have to spend $60 on the console version.

Yeah, those controls, well, as long as both control schemes are available I wouldn't mind.

Ahh yes, the dribbling controls added in FIFA 12... don't get me started. That was the other reason I didn't get FIFA 13 on the Xbox...

14. Elixir

Elixir Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Canada.
    Idunno, the multiplayer if I can remember correctly lasted with 4 minute halves, no? Theres many other problems such as terrible latency and no integration of ultimate team. In addition, you start the game with the exact formation and players... Which is quite unnerving for me at least..
    A few other issues such as zero skill (90% of matches, people start with Barcelona and try to burst through the middle with Messi's monster pace), the fact that defenders can't keep up with him sometimes and it's not your fault at all.
    Also, did you notice that all players are the same height?

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    That was a big mistake. Ultimate Team with real players is much better than against the CPU.

16. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    i really dont know why but i always feel FIFA is easier and smoother to playing on iPad and not iphone

17. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    And according to this article that has been even more improved with new controle scheme.

What I really like is this: "Although FIFA 14’s clever new control scheme is its flagship new feature, the game also features other improvements. Over 30 real-world leagues are now included, with over 300 teams and 16,000 players, complete with photos and accurate statistics. Commentary will now be available as DLC (to keep the download size low) in languages like French, Spanish, Italian and German for European football fans."

My language is not on the list, but if it were I would gladly pay for that DLC - not saying they will charge for additional language pack.

18. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    I think this will be somuch better than FIFA 14. with new control OPTIONS and foreign language support. You can still use the old control scheme if you want to.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL-LdAUsreU

19. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    It looks the same as FIFA 13 graphics wise. Same celebration and such. I hope this time we get be a pro mode in addition to manager mode!

20. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    I hated HATED the Origin popups on fifa13. If I don't want Origin then fo EA and stop with the irritating pop-up messages! You're not data-vampiring me. I don't waste my time getting pent up by games, but EA are the exception because of their monopoly on the FIFA franchise and the fact they do a good job on the actual games but then add their cr@pware on top and want to nickel and dime on the back of said monopoly.

It's no surprise EA was voted the shttest company 2 years running. The only game I'm prepared to buy off them is FIFA for iOS and they're hell bent on screwing that up also (ie they only get a few measly dollars out of me and I love mobile soccer).

I liked the FIFA10 controls because you could use the power gauge and direction to tailor your passes with a margin of error once you mastered the controls, even though a lot of abilities were missing.

Suggestions to EA:

1/ Premium version
    2/ Cut down the cut-scenes and make using the menus and loading a quick game FAST. Ensure saving preferences is an option too. I hate having to reset the preferences.
    3/ Concentrate on the gameplay and control good to see the joypad button options, I want to minimise moving my finger on a small screen per match but have the extra option.
    4/ IF I DON'T WANT ORIGIN THEN I WANT THE OPTION TO DISABLE IT FOREVER!
    5/ Extra stadiums etc are nice extras, but the gameplay is what makes the game worth anything. Don't mind if the stadiums etc are cash shop but gameplay and game modes should be standalone.

tl;dr: EA: Don't fup! ;)