★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-09-2017, 04:07 PM
I always, well, used to instabuy these cute arcady golf games, love 'em. So thanks for saving me these few little bucks, at this moment.

I'm a bit shocked to read in the first few posts already, that the controls aren't spot on. Really, this couldn't be simpler as in Touch ANYWHERE on screen to pull back to shoot, and drag back to your finger to delete. I also don't like the post about them being jittery. I know exactly how this feels from many other games i played in my long ios past.

My times, where i supported the Devs in advance to give a little motivation, are over. Sorry, a burnt child here. But as soon as i read "controls are top now and not jittery anymore", and with screen orientation, i'll hit the buy button rockhard. No doubt.

Good luck with your good looking release, Devs.

My 2017 GOTY contenders...
Glitchskier, Slayaway Camp, Full of Stars, Steredenn, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
02-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by okidokico View Post
If you wait for it to steady you'll get a perfect power shot!
With this being billed as a relaxing, zen-like experience, I'd argue that camera jitter is the exact opposite of relaxing.

02-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by okidokico View Post
I'll give you a hint for the first secret hole... It's somewhere on the 4th hole of Long Lake County...

We'll be adding both portrait mode and some small tweaks to the controls in the first update. Hope they'll improve the experience for you!

Thank-you!
I did get that one - only one I have. Are the rest of them hidden on courses?
02-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotters View Post
Game looks lovely but the controls are poor and feel like I'm fighting them rather than enjoying the game, which looks like with better controls would be very nice.
Agreed.
02-09-2017, 11:33 PM
6 hours of fun today

To any of you who are hesitant to make a purchase because of some critical comments in this thread about this game's control mechanism, all I can say is that I have had 6 hours of enjoyment today since downloading OK Golf, and am looking forward to playing it many more times. It is truly satisfying to pull off a perfect shot that positions you to make a par or birdie, and wonderfully challenging to rotate each hole in order to determine the optimal path to the cup. I've been loving the graphical treatment and the way the developer has reimagined the game of golf for our iPhones and iPads.
02-10-2017, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
To any of you who are hesitant to make a purchase because of some critical comments in this thread about this game's control mechanism, all I can say is that I have had 6 hours of enjoyment today since downloading OK Golf
I'm glad you're enjoying it, but add me to the list of players who are not. What's worse, the game controls differently on my iPad Mini 2 vs iPhone 7 plus. It's not a performance issue, it's things like, on the iPad, the tutorial pop ups being right where I'm aiming, or constantly cancelling the shot when I pull back my finger too far. I think there's something up with the touch region on iPads, like I'm able to move my finger outside the box defining valid gestures.

On iPhone, on the first hole I can either shoot too short or snap to a power shot that overshoots the hole. Very irritating.

As others have said, I feel like I'm fighting the controls, so I'll just hope the next update is a step in the right direction.
02-10-2017, 01:33 AM
This does look interesting. Waiting for update.
02-10-2017, 01:47 AM
Personally I think the game plays great. I've not got any issue with the controls. So far I'm loving it. Especially the art style.
02-10-2017, 03:10 AM
This game looks intriguing to me as I like the idea of just a basic game of golf without the need to switch clubs etc... im also impressed that it appears to be oma premium game with no IAP...?

While four courses of 9 holes each seems ok I do wish it has more courses... I recognize the developers are on the TA thread and stated additional courses coming and they will be free not IAP which seems great and alleviates any concern I have with this going freemium.

My main hesitation for now is the concern with controls. I have an iPhone 7 and iPad Pro and will wait until I hear about the controls being improved.

Thanks for being premium and likely no online mode necessary as constant on...? As a business traveler I detest online games because flying is the perfect time to play games but online only ruins a game for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucepolicy View Post
I'm glad you're enjoying it, but add me to the list of players who are not. What's worse, the game controls differently on my iPad Mini 2 vs iPhone 7 plus. It's not a performance issue, it's things like, on the iPad, the tutorial pop ups being right where I'm aiming, or constantly cancelling the shot when I pull back my finger too far. I think there's something up with the touch region on iPads, like I'm able to move my finger outside the box defining valid gestures.

On iPhone, on the first hole I can either shoot too short or snap to a power shot that overshoots the hole. Very irritating.

As others have said, I feel like I'm fighting the controls, so I'll just hope the next update is a step in the right direction.
02-10-2017, 04:31 AM
Really enjoying this.Personally,i don't have much trouble with the controls on my AIR.

It looks lovely,plenty to do as well.Recommended