★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-21-2017, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Love how it really is an exact port of the premium Steam version so I was effortlessly able to login into my previously created Steam account and resume right where I left off with my leader levels and card collection!
Are you in an alliance?
06-21-2017, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin View Post
There was not a hint that single player play would require me to create an account and to be logged in before I could play. WIthout doing so I cannot even preview the game so have no idea whether it is good or not. Anything under $10 is not worth the hassle of a refund request so deleted with a personal note to place this developer on my "Do Not Buy" list. One star rating. $0.99 seemed too generous to be true. I guess it wasn't.
While you have every right to be unhappy that the game requires an Internet connection (and I agree it's silly, since I have no interest in mp) it is a great game, perhaps one of the best strategy games on iOS. Leaving a one-star review is a disservice.

06-21-2017, 11:38 PM
Would love an option to speed up the gameplay a little.
06-21-2017, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin View Post
There was not a hint that single player play would require me to create an account and to be logged in before I could play. WIthout doing so I cannot even preview the game so have no idea whether it is good or not. Anything under $10 is not worth the hassle of a refund request so deleted with a personal note to place this developer on my "Do Not Buy" list. One star rating. $0.99 seemed too generous to be true. I guess it wasn't.
I bought this game because of your post.

Congrats to the developer!

In fact, I might just buy anything they put out now because you are just so damn negative.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com/portfolio.html
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
06-22-2017, 12:01 AM
To be fair it should have mentioned internet connection is required for the game.

But I am fine with that.

Or better, ask the developer if this can be changed.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
06-22-2017, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
To be fair it should have mentioned internet connection is required for the game.

But I am fine with that.

Or better, ask the developer if this can be changed.
Very true. It should say that it requires making an account with a third party and that it requires an Internet connection.

I'd love to see them add in an offline mode, with the ability to copy the online profile to that mode but not the other way.
06-22-2017, 12:21 AM
I'm confused on gameplay, seems a little complicated.
06-22-2017, 12:22 AM
Damn good way to spend $.99.

Best card game I've played on iOS.
06-22-2017, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
First tutorial was like that till the end. Then it clicked. One of the better card games on the store.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com/portfolio.html
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
06-22-2017, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
It is at first. I suggest watching a video tutorial online. There's a lot going on, but the individual pieces aren't actually that complicated once you get it figured out.

One other complaint. Two out of my three mission slots are already clogged with "anyone" missions. I don't want to play multiplayer and would like the option to be rid of these.