★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-12-2017, 08:55 AM
This game is just absolutely perfect for a portable device.

I was an avid PC/console gamer but somehow I've just lost the patience for sitting on my couch and staring at a game for hours. With iOS I can make small breaks anywhere and pick up where I left - Anywhere I want

Saw it with The Witness. Never finished it on PC but on iPad one can always come back and if only for a few short bursts.

Only the touch controls (Talos Principle) as always aren't completely optimal but probably as good as they can get. Luckily possible to circumvent with an mfi controller, alas mine kicked the bucket a few days ago. Still, the touch controls arent so bad, just saying - as so often the case - with mfi it's even better.

In any case, this game is an absolute gem and only 5 bucks is nothing ahort of a gift.
10-12-2017, 10:13 AM
As someone who didn't really enjoy The Witness (I got really bored of it after solving about 200 puzzles, and didn't really enjoy them much to be frank) - do you think I would enjoy this?

10-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiHubb View Post
As someone who didn't really enjoy The Witness (I got really bored of it after solving about 200 puzzles, and didn't really enjoy them much to be frank) - do you think I would enjoy this?
The puzzles in this are much different. More hands on having to move these laser type things in order to open doors, stop robotic drone type things, etc. It’s not the same as Portal but that’s still a closer comparison because it’s solving large scale puzzles in (open air) “rooms”.

I didn’t like The Witness much either but love this game and double dipped to get the iOS version.
10-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Do the puzzles change much through the game, or is it just jammers/dodging in different combinations?
10-12-2017, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyjet View Post
Anyone else finding a problem with the controls? Using the virtual joystick, I frequently find myself suddenly either gazing at the sky or the ground.
Hey, can you try and explain the issue in more detail. I've been playing with the virtual gamepad around the office and found no such issues. We'd love to fix as many things as possible, because we truly want everyone to enjoy the game, since we're so proud of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewZealand View Post
Brilliant game but the virtual controls are shocking making it unplayable.
Same as above - if you could provide more info that would be amazing. If not here, then on support[at]croteam.com.
We'll be on it faster than you can say "Croteam is the bomb".

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkarafo View Post
P.S. Found a bug. If someone will call you when you are playing, then when you will return, it's mute.
Thanks for posting this. I'll have a look ASAP.
Please let me know what device you are using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candykiller View Post
Im really enjoying the game, but they need to take a look at the character animation when using two-finger swipes for fine movement in third-person view. The fine movement is meant to give you precise control for lining things up accurately etc (the same as The Witness) but in third-person view the character jitters around like crazy, especially when moving from side to side.

Im not sure if this happens on all devices but its an issue on my iPad Pro. It kinda defeats the purpose of subtle, precise movement when the character is shaking around like mad, putting you off.
Haven't experienced this myself, but it's always hard when you use the game daily. Maybe it's a sensitivity issue. I'll have a look as soon as I get to the office. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
You guys at Devolver/Croteam...yall deserve hugs. Thank you for understanding iOS and delta updating Talos. Other developers could learn a thing or two from you...*ahem*theklainc*ahem*.

Also, the icon change was definitely welcome.
Thanks so much.
And btw, the icon change was totally my idea. Rest of the guys ware not bothered by the first one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyjet View Post
Do the puzzles change much through the game, or is it just jammers/dodging in different combinations?
Oh, they change. They get more and more complicated with time.
10-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_HR View Post
And btw, the icon change was totally my idea. Rest of the guys ware not bothered by the first one!
Hah, yeah...I think you guys have classically conditioned me to recognize white and black backgrounds with The Talos Principle. Something about a blue background was off-putting.

This is totally off-topic, but I hope this opens the door to getting a full-fledged Serious Sam title on iOS.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.

Last edited by metalcasket; 10-12-2017 at 03:55 PM.
10-12-2017, 03:56 PM
The issue with the camera suddenly changing orientation happened to me as well. It's very rare and I'm not sure what's causing it.
10-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokon96 View Post
The issue with the camera suddenly changing orientation happened to me as well. It's very rare and I'm not sure what's causing it.
Those are the hardest to fix, especially if we can't reproduce them. And so far we haven't seen that.
Please let me know if you figure out what triggers it, and I'll be on the game as much as I can so I can try and see if I can get the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
This is totally off-topic, but I hope this opens the door to getting a full-fledged Serious Sam title on iOS.
Oh, I wouldn't hold my breath. But hey, you never know.
10-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_HR View Post
Haven't experienced this myself, but it's always hard when you use the game daily. Maybe it's a sensitivity issue. I'll have a look as soon as I get to the office. Thanks!
)
I've sent you a PM with a video link demonstrating the issue I was talking about.

Apart from that small issue, I'm around 6 hours in and loving the game!
10-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Love this game but to say this version is the best is a bit of a stretch. Much better with a controller on console. I bought this a second time to have it on the go so not saying its bad by any means. Its great on mobile too, especially if you dont have access to play it elsewhere.

Also not against the port. I just dont think any 3D first or third person port is going to be the best version on mobile. Turn based strategy, 2D puzzle games, JRPGs, etc. can certainly be the best version on mobile.

Anyway, awesome game no matter where you play it.
Just the hyperbole like in the front page story implying this is the best of all the versions is misleading IMO.