Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-21-2014, 03:41 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Default Titi & Miro's Adventure - A Homage to Robotron

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Old 02-21-2014, 11:59 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I have to admit, I'm a little stunned at how stealth this one is. Unity dev blogs and indie sites aside, it's like this dropped out of the sky fully formed. I see it has IAP, which would almost seem weird if it wasn't present in some form. What I'm wondering is, what does it do, and how necessary? Mostly, though, I'm wondering how this thread has no other posts.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:06 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
I have to admit, I'm a little stunned at how stealth this one is. Unity dev blogs and indie sites aside, it's like this dropped out of the sky fully formed. I see it has IAP, which would almost seem weird if it wasn't present in some form. What I'm wondering is, what does it do, and how necessary? Mostly, though, I'm wondering how this thread has no other posts.

You can complete the game without purchasing any of the items offered in the IAP. I have done it and so have a few of the beta testers. It is one of the things I made sure of when balancing the game.

Plus there is no silly stuff with wait times or whatnot. I don't believe that model will work for this kind of game. This game is meant for players that want to jump right into action anytime and if they die, they can jump right back in.

Give it a try, I'm sure you might find something in it that you will like and if not, nothing lost
Old 02-23-2014, 03:12 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Just wanted to mention I'm running a competition with a chance of winning $250 worth of iTune Gift cards here.

Would love to get more people involved.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:39 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Tried it as a big fan of Robotron. Actually not too bad but I found it very hard to control. Expected dual stick (like Robotron) or Minter style (like Minotron). It seemed to auto-shoot for me when I quite like handling that myself.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:00 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheldonLC3 View Post
Took me a few minutes to figure out the controls.
A great game!
Thanks for the feedback. I actually modelled the controls to be similar to Minotron. I admit Minter's controls feel a lot smoother, but then again, he was using his own custom engine that was very close to the metal in terms of abstraction.

I will send out an update that will give the user the ability to decide how responsive the controls are.

As for shooting, the only solution is to have some sort of on screen joystick, which I'm not a big fan of. But there is a pickup later on the levels where the bullets will target the closest enemy.