Error Message on Xcode!!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by WellSpentYouth, Jan 31, 2009.

1. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Hello, I am a TOTAL BEGINNER!! Ok, i downloaded the 2.2.1 SDK, but whenever I press "Build and Go" I get the error message:mad: "CodeSign error: Code Signing Identity 'iPhone Developer' does not match any code-signing certificate on your keychain. Once added to the keychain, touch a file or clean the project to continue". I tried everything. I started a new, blank file, and pressed "Build and Go" but still the same error message.

I AM A TOTAL BEGINNER, SO PLEASE SPEAK IN SIMPLE ENGLISH!!!

Thank you so Much!

2. MetaNick

MetaNick Well-Known Member

Did you get the free SDK download or did you pay the $99 for the developer program? If you just got the free SDK then you will be unable to run your apps/games on your physical device. What you need to do is use the drop down menu in the top-left and switch it from Device to Simulator and then hit Build and Run. It should pop open the iPhone Simulator with your app/game running in it.

If you paid for the developer program, check inside the Program Portal and it has lots of detailed tutorials for setting up App IDs, provisioning profiles, and certificates.

3. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Thanks! You are right. Appreciate it!