im a musician, how do i get my music into games?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by renton, Mar 15, 2009.

1. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    i've been making music since the late 80's... i have put out over 20 records, 5 cd's, owned two different record labels, worked for 3 mid-level record labels, and basically understand the game of making music.
    so i was thinking that the iphone/ipod games need some music, and i have a huge back catalog, and can make tunes in a day. from main theme music to menu music, to sound effects.
    developers: how do i find people that are looking for music for their games or applications? im looking to make money, but that's not my main goal. just being able to make music that people will hear is good enough for me!

i already have a page with about 15 tracks that people can listen too, however its dance music so it's not indicative of what i can do for some developers application..
    here is the page. www.virb.com/hak

2. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Ask Tapulous! :)

3. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I guess you could advertise yourself here in the right forum section, must be some people who are after some original tunes.

I can't seem to get your page's music working in either chrome or firefox.

4. AppViewer

AppViewer Member

Mar 16, 2009

email some dev's

5. arkanigon

arkanigon Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I think you're already ahead of a lot of folks just by posting here on Touch Arcade...

EDIT: I see you've already posted in the Dev. Services and Trade section. That's probably your best bet.

6. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    thanks everyone. it's already worked!! hopefully you'll be hearing some of my music real soon!