What do you use a tablet for?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Teknikal, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    I only recently got my iPad Mini, but I've been using it for a bunch of stuff. Lots of games, obviously, but there are lots of apps on my iPhone that are so much easier to use/see on my iPad - Goodreads, Facebook, and (obviously) Safari.

I've used it as an extra screen when hanging out with friends and they were using their laptop, but because it's so small I wouldn't consider it a replacement for my laptop. I also have a bunch of audiobooks in virtual but not physical format, so often I'll load up an audiobook before bed/for background noise when I don't have the disc version from the library. More convenient than using my PC, and cheaper/easier than burning each disc.

The alarm feature is also very useful for me; I have similar apps on my iPhone but I like the feel (& again, size), plus the case I have came with a little stand.

I'm a student, and I prefer my laptop for school - I don't think I'd buy a tablet to replace it at this time. If I needed something smaller/lighter (which I might at some point - the laptop wasn't bought with portability in mind and is rather a behemoth), I'd get a netbook or laptop. For me, I'm used to laptops & PCs, plus having a physical keyboard is a big deal for me.

Personally, I'm glad to see there are so many options, especially when technology & competition result in rapidly improving devices. I'm also glad that there are tons of threads & blog posts & websites that compare them all, because it can be so hard to choose. :p

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I do this a lot too. Sometimes I'm on my PC running a full screen application or video and use my iPad to reply to messages or check Google/Facebook.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Web browsing, socializing, and games. If I want to actually work, I use my MacBook. The iPad is purely a consumer product, in my opinion.

4. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I write ideas for my novel on it

I DJ with it

Games

Web surfing

Kee track of my small business

Grocery lists or other shopping

I guess that covers most of it.