Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
@thefrost, wise decision, the game is rad I haven't had much time with it but I'm happy with my purchase.
Rad would be a good word to describe it I like skiing around those flags to keep your speed and the controls are tight and solid, I like that you have to play it with two hands and I also like how the jump is handled. There is always something on screen to keep you busy and never gets boring. I will try to make it to the end, so far I made to the yetis and having a great time with it. Another great indie surprise.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Great spot on review from PocketGamer, 7 out of 10.

Quote:
Dudeski revels in its quick-blast nonsense, laying its shtick on fierce and fast from the first time you play.

And it makes for an experience that's hard not to like. It's not fresh, but it is exciting. And each catastrophic fall and surprising close call result in your taking a step further to conquering the white beast beneath your feet.
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ew.asp?c=58295
Old 03-20-2014, 04:34 PM

well, don't buy it if you have Iphone 4

the game lags when you reach the fork in the forest/yeti valley and you end up tripping 95% of the time

What I am forced to do is to start always from the beginning and buy a propeller, the game gets 100x harder.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:05 PM

ah, now I get it.

dudeski is being moved by constant*Time.deltaTime instead of the velocity attribute in rigidbody

so when it takes some time to load the next part of the scenario on iphone 4, dudeski ends up in the middle of nowhere, since deltaTime gains a high value, thus tripping.

ah, also I found that if you die during the last portion of the game (tribal stuff), if you restart from the yeti valley, the "night shader" still applies and it becames a night yeti valley.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:55 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by truechicken View Post
ah, now I get it.

dudeski is being moved by constant*Time.deltaTime instead of the velocity attribute in rigidbody

so when it takes some time to load the next part of the scenario on iphone 4, dudeski ends up in the middle of nowhere, since deltaTime gains a high value, thus tripping.

ah, also I found that if you die during the last portion of the game (tribal stuff), if you restart from the yeti valley, the "night shader" still applies and it becames a night yeti valley.
Sorry for the slow reply!

Yeah, your deltaTime analysis is on point. We're going to get to work on an update this week so I really appreciate the bug reports. We're definitely looking into ways to improve the split-path code since that seems to be one of my main performance chokepoints. I apologize for these performance problems, the iPhone 4 was one of the few devices I couldn't get my hands on for testing.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedictfritz View Post
Sorry for the slow reply!

Yeah, your deltaTime analysis is on point. We're going to get to work on an update this week so I really appreciate the bug reports. We're definitely looking into ways to improve the split-path code since that seems to be one of my main performance chokepoints. I apologize for these performance problems, the iPhone 4 was one of the few devices I couldn't get my hands on for testing.
no problem!

developing for mobile is hell. different performances, screen resolutions, screen sizes, no controller, low memory...

i managed to beat the game anyway \o/ loved it
Old 04-16-2014, 12:58 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Hey everyone! We just released our first update yesterday 1.1!

There's a bunch of new stuff, but here are the release notes:

Quote:
Hi everyone! Benedict and Jerry here with your first Dudeski update. Before we get to that we'd just like to thank everyone for making the release of Dudeski far surpass both of our expectations. All of you who played the game, rated it, and shared it with your friends all made the launch what it was! Thanks, and shred on!

New stuff:
- Helmets now split in half when used up!
- Shops have a new look!
- Penguins now animate while talking!
- Penguins now have an idle shuffle animation!
- Mama penguin has a new look and animation!
- Shortcut guy has a spiffy new look!

Improvements:
- Added shadows to text that doesn't have a background to improve visibility.
- Added people we forgot to the credits.
- Performance improvements.
- A ton of small touch-ups and improvements!

Bug fixes:

- Reset level completion timer on death.
- Fix crash at the end of the Totem Trials secret.
- Can no longer crash into the mama penguin in Yeti Valley.
So yeah, thanks for playing, and let me know if you have any questions!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:20 AM

I've unlocked the oversized skis, the penguin, and the totem pole. feels like i'm missing something here...
Old 05-15-2014, 11:23 AM

Really glad I picked this up