Universal Cover Fire (by Genera Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DeCeOnline, Mar 30, 2017.

1. DeCeOnline

DeCeOnline Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Spain
    We are launching the game globally today! It's already available on both iOS and Android platforms. I would be more than happy to read valuable feedback.

Cover Fire: Gun Shooting games

VIVA GAMES S.L.
    One of best shooting games on mobiles, and now play offline and online. Your duty is to lead the battle and become the b…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    One of best shooting games on mobiles, and now play offline and online. Your duty is to lead the battle and become the best shooter and sniper. Download now for free one of best offline shooting games on mobiles COVER FIRE NEW MODES New mode: Sniper FPS Black Ops. You received the call for duty of defeat all enemies the time runs out. Racing against the time and shoot! Each target adds 3 seconds to survive Try the free zombie event! Hit and don't leave any zombies alive!! Are you a survival hero? It’s time to take action in the battlefield. Call your best sniper and shooter and combat on the frontline. Shoot to kill in special ops and survive in this addictive sniper 3d shooting game! COVER FIRE FEATURES - Play Offline. We recommend a wifi to download the game, but you don't need wifi to play. - New Shooting Game and challenging Story mode. Join the resistance and command this battle like a pro. Take your weapon, strike the enemy army with a hail of bullet, grenades, massive guns. Release the Fury of this War! - Modern control that bring you a fun and addictive combat. Shoot to Kill and saving victims! - HD Graphics with destructible environments. Everything interacts with you and your soldiers. - Become a real veteran soldier in the online tournaments mode, put yourself in a fun adventure with non stop action against other assassins players. Don’t stop shooting in offline missions with the mobile CHOOSE YOUR WEAPONS - Supply yourself with a huge real arsenal. You have never seen so realistic gun games: pistols, shotguns, rifles, snipers… feel like a real frontline commando! - Face the battlefield from different perspectives. Alternate among your mercenaries in realtime, find the ultimate combination to win the battle in the ultimate killing game. BUILD YOUR TEAM - Set up your assassin squad with their unique skills: hacker, sniper, assault man... Unlock new epics snipers and shooters like the bazooka-man or the gunslinger! Have you ever seen an inflatable dinosaur on the battlefield? -Take the control of the battle and become the best shooter in the most addictive sniper 3d shooting. FIGHT AROUND THE WORLD In Cover Fire you received the call for duty to be the shooter who lead a squad of veterans through sieged cities, deserts and fields taken by guerrillas, and defeat all kind of enemies in the war with the biggest graphic, greatest arsenal and the best offline gameplay on mobile. The ultimate shooting battle experience. Take cover, aim, shoot and eliminate this hazard. Don’t let the terrorists own the world in the best military shooter game ever! - Build your frontline strategy in the battlefield and kill your enemy from all sides. Face limitless ops action in the online tournaments game mode.Take your weapons from a killing arsenal and level up your soldiers with unique shooter skills. - Challenging Story mode. Fight against Tetracorp and lead a mercenary riot on every mission. The best gameplay in the most engaging shooting game ever. Limitless shooter action! Welcome to the Resistance. Welcome to Cover Fire. CoverFire is a free game but it contains optional in-app purchases for real money. You may want to keep away it from your kids and younger boys *IMPORTANT* CoverFire requires iPad 4 (or newer), iPhone 5s (or newer), or iPod touch (5th Generation). VISIT US: http://facebook.com/CoverFireGame/ http://generagames.com
    Information
    Seller:VIVA GAMES S.L.
    Genre:Action, Adventure, Arcade, Simulation
    Release:Mar 29, 2017
    Updated:Dec 19, 2023
    Version:1.24.16
    Size:804.9 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (8)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Thanks!

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    The characters in this are freaking diverse. You have these serious mercenaries and then a freaking T. rex or small kid for example. Haha

3. mstacheef

mstacheef Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    I've been beta testing this for a while and it's REALLY good. I normally hate almost all F2P mechanics, but this is generous and the graphics & gameplay are exciting enough to make me overlook them. I still wish it was premium especially for the campaign mode, but it's a great game and very challenging

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Everyone knows what I'm going to say.

What I don't understand is I went to the store to see if I could buy a way out of the energy system and I don't really understand the advanced premium member thing for $2.99. It says infinite energy but is that 7 hours a day or 7 hours and that's it? I don't understand what the tickets and all that are for.

I really liked the gameplay but I'm not investing money or time if I can't play when I want. I will just write the devs and then move on.

Billy

5. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Take it as it means it, you get boosts for either 1 hour or 7 hours. You will see each package has VIP bonus which goes towards your VIP. Now with each VIP being time limited :eek: also unless you really splash out and get the unlimited VIP (which to be honest doesn't look worth it).

6. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    #6 hellscaretaker, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Good but......

The game does look nice you cant fault it for that.

Coverfire is not a FPS but more a ARPG. Each campaign mission you complete and depending on the stars you get you can open rewards which can be either money or cards. Once you have enough set cards you then able to upgrade it giving you boost thats linked to that cover, such as your cover can take more damage.

There is the option of getting cards faster by opening chests. These are your typical common, rare and epic chests routine we all seen before in ARPG.

As you will have read on the TA page the game supports force touch. So in theory the idea is a quick hard press you be able to come out of cover and fire. Thats not how it comes across with me, it still felt i had to press and hold to take the shot, maybe if i change the sensitivity.

Also force touch is not limited to right side of the screen where you be using your right finger to fire. It registers the whole screen, so if you not carefully where you using your left finger to aim you could end up coming out of cover if you press too hard on the screen, in reality you could play game with one finger and not the two finger it recommends. I found i enjoyed it better turning it off then having it on.

The game is unstable even on iphone 6s+, i seen the game crash out while its just sitting on the menu screen doing nothing, sound dropouts and scene crashes have been noticed.

Of course with this being Free game the question everyone asks is what the IAP are like. As you seen from one poster he or she was confused by the IAP the game others. Im all for IAP when it comes to a free game as long as it seems fair. I dont see this when it comes to coverfire, you can spend $2.99 (note this was NZ$) get 1 hour infinite or spend $4.49 and get 7 hours. That to me doesn't sit well, its like a "hey thanks you but still have to pay". Even the VIP benefits don't really encourage a player to support them by offering only a slight increase in gold purchases oh and extra energy, yet hear is the rub the VIP is time limited depending on the level unless you get to level 4 but frankly when you compare level 4 to 1 its not worth it.

I want to like this game and Genera have made good ones in the past of which i had the pleasure to play but i dunno about this one.

First make it more stable and give a me a player something that makes it worthwhile to support it.

7. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Thank you for saving me a download.

energy is a cancer.

sebgo likes this.
  8. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Any impressions on energy and grinding in this game? Played for 10 minutes and first 4 missions seems ok so far but I don't want to invest a lot of time and then hit the paywall or Sth ;)

9. EggYolkeo

EggYolkeo Active Member

Jan 8, 2014
    #9 EggYolkeo, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    Is this online or offline? Can someone tell me? I'm looking to get a game I can play on my commute and unfortunately I'll be offline.

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Damn. Ok. Thank you my friend. It's a damn shame. I'm going to go email the dev team and see if they are open to maybe adding a permanent option for people like myself. I really like how they did the 3D Touch aspect.

Billy

11. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Personally I think the game itself is great -- just got to the 2nd act. It is a shame tho, F2P mechanics are really killing my enjoyment of what could be amazing premium games. Nothing I hate more than energy, timers .... Yuck.

12. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    #12 Bumpygames, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017

Nice game but with too mouch in-App purchases and it just all the levels are the same.
    And it has some running problems on ipad mini 3, quits few times while playing
    but on iphone6s game runns normal

13. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Wow really like it. Although i do not usually buy freemium games i play this on small bursts of 10-15 minutes so no prob for me.

14. Luckithroe

Luckithroe Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Yeah I am also really digging this game. For the peeps who want to pay to remove the ftp mechanics I doubt it will happen. I bought a starter kit for 4.99 so unless your willing to pay about 30 bucks for this game chances are slim. In fact I'm guessing most who want it to be premium would do a backflip if it was 30 bucks. Normally Im not a fan of freemium games either but this one is really good. Great job!

15. Akaki

Akaki Member

Apr 2, 2017
    Community Moderator 2K, Community Support EA.
    Michigan, United States
    #15 Akaki, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017

I have been an old time lurker but I just signed up to provide some feedback. English is not my native tongue, so apologies for all the native readers.

I have already played the game for more than 6 hours since yesterday. Overall I am still excited but frustrated at the time. Please keep in mind that I have worked behind some of the leading publishers in the past, so I do understand some kind of elements they have while working on the game, however, it seems that the small Spanish team is not really experienced on how to manage the game economy and make the game pleasant for both casual and hardcore players.

I am playing on iPhone 7 and the game is just a really big cluster right now. At first, it was great to see some kind of NFS: No Limits (NFS NL) alternative as a Shooter, however, after playing for while I got to see what the issues really are. I will be comparing this game a lot to NFS: No Limits since I have been playing that game for a while and been providing feedback to that too.

Let's talk Campaign as it is the main component of the game. I really liked the Campaign since it follows some kind of story and you get the sense of not just doing missions for nothing. Plus, I really like how themes change between the Chapters. The first chapter is Urban, next one is the Desert, the third one is some kind of city in Desert and the fourth one is Jungle. I am currently at the fourth one but the fifth one seems to be some kind of Hidden Lab.

Gameplay is really nice since the graphics are just insane for a mobile game. Frustration begins when people start shooting before you even get a chance to start playing after pressing the Skip button so the cutscene doesn't play. Enemies can shoot and damage you even if you are hiding behind the cover and there is nothing you can do about it. If you try to shoot someone and get 1 bullet left, you can not reload behind the cover. It takes 2 bullets to kill an enemy with the headshot and this makes frustrating because I usually end up with more than 10 bullets, however, I always like to keep my mag full.

Mission cost for energy is same as NFS No Limits, where every mission costs 2 energy. In NFS NL, it takes 1 minute to finish a race and 10 minutes to get 1 energy point. Here missions only take 30 seconds to finish and you need to wait 20 minutes for 1 energy point. You also get to complete mission tasks and that gives you a way to unlock a card after the mission ends. Compared to NFS NL, here you don't get to see what might be hiding behind the cards. If you don't know, in NFS NL, you get to see contents of the chests for a second before the game shuffles the cards and you get to pick one. With that in mind, you can always unlock the card you wanted for Gold. Here, I just click randomly because it never matters since I never got to see the card or what might be hiding behind the fifth card (The one I didn't get to unlock since you can only unlock 4 of the cards without paying).

Let's talk Tournaments. This is where I got really frustrated. Same as NFS NL, you get to participate in the tournaments with a special raffle card which does not take energy points. The game here is that you have three options to choose for - One gives you not as many points while being easy, another one which gives you points than the first one and is kinda hardish, and the third one which gives you the most points and is really hard. The point of the missions is to kill an enemy player while also shooting at the AI soldiers. Keep in mind, you usually get to kill an enemy player in the end of the mission and mission usually takes around 2 minutes. AI and the enemy player still gets to shoot you behind the cover and you can easily hide even if you are hiding behind the cover.

Tournament rewards are big joke too. You need to level up to get points and with these points, you can then select something from the rewards. Yesterday, I spent around 120 Gold so I could refill my raffle tickets multiple times to be in time and redeem AK weapon for my Assault character. Turns out, it only gives you 1 card and you need 14 more cards to unlock the weapon. At that point, after dying so many times in the tournament mode and being frustrated with carefully taking shots I just gave up on the game. I thought that it simply was not worth it.

Well, today I started playing again the Campaign mode again since it is something that kept me going. I now have to upgrade cards to improve my rating and this is one of the frustrating parts too. When you see that you need 20 cards to upgrade something, and completing a mission with its mission tasks only gives you a chance of getting 1... That means that I have to play the same mission probably more than 20 times to be able to upgrade that card. Keep in mind, that you need to upgrade the other cards too in order to improve your rating.

There is still much to talk about and I am hoping for a developer to really reach out to me and I could get more with the details. I just really got interested in the game and have been wishing to work on such title for a while now.

If you have any comments or questions, let me know and I'd be happy to answer those for you! :)

16. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Does anyone have some tips on how to stay undetected in the sniper missions? I'm not managing and find it frustrating locating targets on my iPhone 7. Some kind of indicator where the enemies are would be helpful.

17. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Has an energy system and the infamous clash Royale card system. Both are absolute cancer and kept me from enjoying the game.

18. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    #18 VoodooVyper, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    $3 for 7 hours of unlimited energy? Why? Who is the greedy asshole who thought that was a good idea? You can play a mmorpg for $10-$15 per month. At this game's rate, It would cost you $120 per month. And I'm comparing premium PC games to a mobile game. Disgusting greed.

It's a fun game, don't get me wrong. But you won't catch me dead spending a dime on it to support this kind of monitization. Devs should be ashamed of themselves.

Also... headshoot.

19. bigghurt

bigghurt Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Your not really buying energy per se. You are buying a gold package with energy(seven hour bundle). The best use of this is buying it when you haven't finished your daily missions and you have about an hour till it ends. Then you can finish them all and get double free gold from that day and the next days missions. Comes out to 120ish something gold which is a much better deal than buying gold. Buying the advanced user package is really only for when you have beaten the campaign and want to finish all the reps for every campaign level in a day. Which gives u a massive amount of bucks and a lot of cards.

20. MaikelOrtega

MaikelOrtega New Member

Apr 5, 2017
    Game developer
    Spain
    Hi! I'm part of the team behind Cover Fire. I'm really glad to read all this valuable feedback, thank you guys for taking your time and reaching out. We take your advice seriously, and we are working to improve some of the less likable aspects of the game. Energy is indeed one of those!

@Hellscaretaker: we're really sorry to hear about it being unstable. We are fixing things around the clock everyday, so I hope you won't encounter these issues after the next update. We dealt with a fair amount of bugs already, maybe the last version fixed it for you :D And thank you for your detailed post, it really helps!

@Akaki: Just WOW. You made really great points on that post, thank you so much for that awesome amount of feedback! Game economy design is difficult, to say the least, and we know ours is far from perfect yet. But it is definitely in our radar, and we will fine-tune asap.

Once again, thank you all for your comments, we are really happy that you guys are enjoying the campaign. If you want to share more of your thoughts about the game, feel free to ask in this thread, we check it pretty often!