★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Gardens of Briar

So I've come across this thread a few times while searching for information on the Gardens of Briar, and decided I should ask about them again. I've posted a question on Arqade, but had very little attention and no answer. Are the Gardens of Briar accessible?
07-14-2015, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAD-Man View Post
So I've come across this thread a few times while searching for information on the Gardens of Briar, and decided I should ask about them again. I've posted a question on Arqade, but had very little attention and no answer. Are the Gardens of Briar accessible?
No, to the best of my knowledge they are not.
07-17-2015, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboobie View Post
Analander's question was answered in the Sorcery! 3 thread, but for the benefit of others:
Thanks to Kamatari for replying, but I'd like to point out that getting the option of going to the side wall is most certainly liked to your previous actions and/or the time you took to get to Courga's temple. I do recall getting that option during one of my earlier playthroughs, but I don't remember getting anything out of it (except losing stamina - I think the gargoyle's come to life and attack you).

Cookies to anyone who can figure out what the criteria is to get the option of going by the side wall.
07-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analander View Post
Thanks to Kamatari for replying, but I'd like to point out that getting the option of going to the side wall is most certainly liked to your previous actions and/or the time you took to get to Courga's temple. I do recall getting that option during one of my earlier playthroughs, but I don't remember getting anything out of it (except losing stamina - I think the gargoyle's come to life and attack you).
There is the unsavory possibility that this is yet another part of the game that's been altered in one of Inkle's umpteen patches to the game, as I vaguely recall from a very early playthrough of the game that the option to steal from Courga was at one time not a flag located on the side wall, but part of the interactions you can perform once you've made it to the god's altar (and I don't recall being able to steal anything back then either, but then, that playthrough wasn't eligible for Courga conversion -- killed both the Flayer and a guard...).

It would not surprise me if Inkle decided to separate that part of the interaction and make it its own thing, along with adding the two separate items you can steal (this was probably done in conjunction with developing Part 3, since the two steal-able items all correspond to magical items the Klattaman blacksmith can craft). It's a pity that Inkle never documents anywhere the specific content-related changes they make to the game as part of their patches...
07-21-2015, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamatari View Post
It would not surprise me if Inkle decided to separate that part of the interaction and make it its own thing, along with adding the two separate items you can steal (this was probably done in conjunction with developing Part 3, since the two steal-able items all correspond to magical items the Klattaman blacksmith can craft). It's a pity that Inkle never documents anywhere the specific content-related changes they make to the game as part of their patches...
I hadn't seen this mentioned elsewhere. What will he craft for you if you have the goblet?
07-26-2015, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboobie View Post
I hadn't seen this mentioned elsewhere. What will he craft for you if you have the goblet?
I just checked this while doing my "more optimized" NBAS, and the Goblet... is good for nothing whatsoever. I have a very vague recollection of having been able to turn it into a Jewel of Gold, so either Inkle changed something again as part of a patch or, more likely, my memory was playing tricks and confusing events for something else.