Super Meebo's Epic 2D Platform Adventure Will Re-Write App Store History

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by PixelPower, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelPower

PixelPower Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Welcome and I hope you make a million. :)

2. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Dont focus on coins or you will never make it. I would post a video but my phone is blurry when recording. Just focus on distance and one time you get lucky and get 200 coins. Try to reach at least island 7 , that should do.

3. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    You can do that without jailbreaking, that doesnt make sense.

4. BirdBoy

BirdBoy Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Your game looks bad and you should feel bad.

5. racingspider

racingspider Well-Known Member

Mr Ugly's game is IN the store.

Yours is not.

PixelPower, ignore any war between you and other developers and LISTEN to what you're being told. Your game has potential, you just need to fix it. The last push is the hardest. This is what will make or break you.

6. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    #346 PixelPower, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    Since Iam doing to do the game over its going to be a while before it comes out. This is not a war just friendly competition , and hopefully quiet those people who want me to make a console quality game when they havent even done it themselves. I didnt start this non-sense , I just posted a warning in my 1st post as to what apples newer rules are. I didnt attack anyone and was honest enough to say my game didnt cut it, I had to work on it more.
    It was other developers who decided to say oh yeah its looks like crap, oh thats trash etc. I never go around starting any fights but I will respond. It seems there is a certain segment of developers on the forum who are happy to start a fight and battle, mainly Mr. Ugly. I honestly think some people think this is funny and entertaining, but in actually its ridiculous.
    In closing at least I got some great advice out of it and I know who is who. I know who to avoid and who to talk to. Also new developers will also get valueable information on game development and know who is reasonable and nice and who is not. Hodapp and the other Mods and writers got some laugh's
    at how silly this thing turned out. This is the only thread on toucharcade that has every element of conversation, truth,lies,fights,thankyou,friendships,enemies,hate,love,jealousy,denial,etc.

7. Bigmac1910

Bigmac1910 Member

Jul 13, 2012
    I didn't read through all the pages, and after watching your videos. I don't think it's a graphic issue, but more that the frame rate seem very jerky, and your character seem to control in a very stiff way. Also, your character seem to be able to jump in the air as well as long as he is close to a platform, which usually shouldn't be the case unless he has arms that grabs on to it. (It looks weird)

Please note, that I only comment on what I saw in your videos, if it's a true representation I wouldn't want to play that game either. But if you fix the jerky motion and dodgy collision detection, I think it could be pretty cool.

8. Emmanuel - Owloh

Emmanuel - Owloh Active Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Programmer
    Orleans, France
    I had estimated half of that but I am only familiar with the categories our own 1st app is in (board/rpg). FWIW, we're close to 1 month on the store and we just crossed the 1000$ mark after Apple's cut. Our AppAnnie report doesn't look that depressing, ok it's depressing but... tough market you say ? :D

Fun thread. My personal advice to the OP: find a graphist, anyone, but just stop doing it yourself. You're wasting time you could spend programming the game instead.

9. AlienSpace

AlienSpace Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    Yes, the thread is turning into a regular Shakespearean play. =)

Or, maybe a Sergio Leone movie... The Good, the Bad, and the Mr. Ugly.

:D

10. DemonJim

DemonJim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    This thread has taught many of us a valuable lesson - if you try to help a wounded otter you had better be careful or it'll bite two of your fingers off like Terry Nutkins.

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I just rated this thread 5 stars, and that doesn't seem enough.

Bold prediction: This will end with PP and MU joining forces in a venture called Ugly Pixel, and their games will own the charts and bring about the golden age of iOS gaming.

12. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    I got your game on andriod and its really solid. Do you have any sales figures cause your game shold have made at least 100k if not more.

13. Truth: If you are a newbie, never start a thread in the developer's forum.
    Lies: Pixel Power is not "Roy"
    Fights: Pixel Power issues a "Developer's Challengr" to Mr. Ugly
    Thank You: First thank you went to Dodgeblue016, good job!
    Friendships: The "Developer's posse"
    Enemies: Super Meebo vs Evil Empire Apple
    Hate: Pixel Power vs Mr. Ugly
    Love: Super Mario's mancrush on Super Meebo
    Jealousy: Sonic the Hedgehog feels spurned
    Denial: Developers insist that Pixel Power denies all wrongdoings

Only important item missing is sex... So I guess we can't quite make a screenplay of this ordeal.

And with that, have to nominate this thread as Toucharcade's thread of the year...

14. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    My estimate would've been lower, but I was including their IAP content in the total. :)

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

He has all sorts of games on the App Store- http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/krehol-games/id401261782

You'll notice quite a few similarities to what's going on here in that library.

16. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    #356 PixelPower, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    Those arent my games, just games I programmed for someone else. But anyway lets lighten this thread up a bit and calm everyone down. Now this thread includes epic youtube and funny gifs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. AlienSpace

AlienSpace Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    That's not something I would even admit to.

I hate to be negative... but those games look like crap that are only geared to scam people into looking at them because they're riding off of better games's name recognition. If I were Apple I'd take them down and ban the user who submitted them. Those are the types of games that make the App Store a difficult place for legitimate game developers to live in, and a harder place for users to find good software.

18. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Really, mr uglys game looks way better then super meebo, maybe, pixel power, instead of your pussy developer challenge, why not a dev off? Most sales on a game they make wins!
    Pixel power, stop being a crybaby bitch and actually improve your game!

19. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Your right , thats why Iam glad to be on my own instead of working for people. In other news Super Mario has meet Super Meebo and they are getting along.

[​IMG]

20. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Dude who is crying? I said at least 10 times in this thread I am doing the game over. Did you read the thread or decide just to post to add to the fighting. You sound very ignorant, Iam sorry you were born with such lack of intelligence. You jumped in when everything calm down and you didnt even make a point.

[​IMG]