iPad Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by banger1103, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    #1361 Pooter, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    Ah No prob. Sorry for my terrible Rolento. Trying to learn him. I wish his damn roll moves would have at least 1 invincible frame on start up. :(

I'm trying hard not to jump ships and go with Heiachi :)

2. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Rolento seems really weak on damage. I haven't met many good Heihachi's also but he seems really OP using him. He isn't as good as Kaz or Hugo though.

3. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Rolento is awesome. Hope you stick with him. He's got a lot of potential but definitely takes a lot of work/practice.

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Maybe it was just some random bug, but I think that with the last update, if one of the players has auto block disabled, both players will have it disabled (maybe this happens with the sp button too). Before this update I tried some matches without the SP button and auto block, and it was a huge disadvantage, but today I had a match without auto block, but I never disabled it again since then.

5. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    That seems like a sick way to reward SP off/manual users!

I see way more rolento's online than heihachi's. I've come to the conclusion that you never want to do rolento's solo combos, and you should always go for a tag though...

6. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Booo to friend matches being only 1 rd. I just assumed they fixed that b/c of the random friendlies consisting of 3 rds.

Well, they can just add some extra space behind each character when full screen and make it seem real awkward why they can't go to their "full" screen distance haha. I know that the characters get cut off when cornered on the iPad and it was kinda bothersome after knowing that their entire model still shows up normally on the iphone4.

7. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I think he may be right since I've wondered at times if my auto block was off. I've also seen people bringing up similar complaints with the SP button. Personally, I think that would be ridiculous since I'd have no warning. I have no proble with matches without SP/auto block, but it should be voluntary.

As for Rolento's combos, I tend to agree but still find myself taking solo combos at times simply because I don't want to tag. Do you any launcher combos regularly other than abc?

Oh, and I saw more Rolentos than Heihachis before today (lots of Heihachis on ranked today), but most of them sucked.

8. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I like his style. I'm having a hard time learning his roll/wall timing. Looks like everything knocks him out of it up close. His knife gets stuffed by specials. Doesn't cancel Ryu's FB.

For combos, I mainly go for tag outs to back in (most damage and hopefully Rolento comes back in with damage booster)

The crappy part is that all my practice is against newbs. EVERYTHING works against them :).

9. NorrisForever79

NorrisForever79 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Wtf, online doesn't work today, Capcom fails agains! They must understand that iOS is a great platform with millions of users! It deserves a better treatment than this!

10. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    #1370 HarlequinRogue, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    Abc tag, is most consistent way to tag and continue a combo. You can also do j p (aa)/ (EX) Stinger and tag but no followup combo. And they are pretty unreliable

Otherwise patriot circle, kk tag is what I generally do for the damage and to recover hp.

Another option is to do far stand punch (f+p). The first hit is special/super cancellable, but the distance is fairly close.

Personally I think the lack of different angles with stinger really hurts rolento

11. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Also, has anyone tried 'recruiting friends' from Facebook and twitter? What happens?

12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I wish I could fully understand how .obm files work.
    This is the time_over.obm file, almost. Does anyone know how to successfully get the image from these files?

Attached Files:

13. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    After the fixed bug (Thx again Apprunner) SFXT kicks MVC rear end :)
    And, it's MUCH cheaper! :)

14. thelastscene

thelastscene Active Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Barcelona, Spain
    #1374 thelastscene, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    Add me, my code is 0002AEE1!

15. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    So there's a lame tourney going on for most wins. I have no idea what Capcom is thinking but 1st place get 1000G, more than a normal player could ever imagine. At least there are now unlimited ranked matches during the tourney.

16. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Thanks for adding me. Unfortunately Capcom has set it up so you can only add one friend. It's a lame marketing scheme. Let us know if you find otherwise.

BTW, 10 friends = 5G.

17. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Ugh. I can't imagine grinding for it. I stopped playing rank because I get paired mainly with Lv1 Newbies.

18. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Yeah, I can't imagine ever coming close to the top 10. I put up 12 pretty quick wins this morning before work, but 1st and 2nd place already have 87 wins. I just think it's absurd that Capcom would give so much G to the winner given how hard it is to obtain G through the game itself.

On a side note, has anyone figured out how to unlock the new pandora boxes? Leveling up is hard on the higher end so it's slow going for me these days.

19. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    #1379 CaptYadierPR, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  20. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011