Devs Wanted for Animal Crossing-like Game

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Tap Dat App, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    I thought it should be brought up that a new version of Animal Crossing for the Nintendo 3DS has been announced (screenshots are around the web as well). So for those of you looking forward to this game, here's something that might help settle your appetite! :)

2. disloyalpick

disloyalpick New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    hello, i was just wondering if this is still being worked on. i know a developer
    you could contact to see if he could help with coding and i also know someone who may help with some models and stuff. just checkout http://www.rigsofrods.com and look for the user name "tdev" he is the main developer with this project. he could probably help out with the coding. if you want to ask him, you may have to sign up for an account on www.rigsofrods.com and send him a PM. or you could try and contact him via the support email adress. the email is [email protected]. also if you need to know his name is Thomas Fischer. and the other person i said may be able to help with this is another person on the rigs of rods forum. his account name is Brickman. he can make some pretty decent stuff in sketchup. so i really recommend contacting these people and alot of other people on that forum. there is alot of skilled people who may be willing to help out with this. the rigs of rods project is open source, so they would probably accept a donation to the "rigs of rods" project, or a payment to thomas fischer himself. he is a pretty good coder. just check out rigs of rods on youtube to see just how realistic this game is. there is a massive amount of coding that went into this game. he has been developing on this project since 2007 and is still developing it to this day. sorry for the super long post i just dont want this project to die. i absolutely loved animal crossing, and i think touch town would be one of the best games EVER, IMHO. i will continue to look for anybody that could help with the coding, i just do not want this to die, if it hasnt already, but i just really hope it didnt. i am going to do whatever i can possibly do to find anyone who might be able to help out with coding.

sincerely,
    disloyalpick

3. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Thanks for this. I'll look into it all and see what they can do. Touch Town™ is currently still in the same hiatus situation and has become less of a priority over time. Which is unfortunate, but the development process is truly a tough one. However, I am still looking forward to future opportunities to release this one day.

4. Tybobb45

Tybobb45 New Member

Jan 3, 2012
    What?!?

So is it the end for Touch Town™? Because I will email the crap out of every programmer I know for this application!!!

5. TimothyMilla

TimothyMilla New Member

Feb 29, 2012
    I am an Android/iOS developer interested in this.

I have had similar ideas about making an animal crossing type game for iOS, this thread seems to have everything I need (artists, ideas, etc). But I hear you guys need a programmer! I can do everything you need me to do.

6. Lsatblu

Lsatblu Active Member

Oct 12, 2009
    I would love to see this project being worked on. Such great ideas.