Where are the ports of classic computer games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mrnoglue, Oct 8, 2013.

1. mrnoglue

mrnoglue New Member

Oct 8, 2013
    I wonder why after five years of iOS development, there is an absence of classic ports by developers like blizzard, activision, EA, and others. As a kid, I used to play Caesar III, Warcraft 2, Starcraft, Oregon Trail, Amazon trail, Number Crunchers, Tribes 2, Red Alert 2, and a ton of other games. Why has no one tried to get this IP from the game creators and simply port the game to ios? Even the big game developers could spare an intern and let him work on this asa summer project.

I would love to play these games again on my ipad.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    There are plenty of retro classics but yeah wish there were more. Perhaps if devs see the success of games such as KOTOR and others we may get more

3. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    There quite a few out there.
    I believe there's a port of Oregon Trail on the AppStore, but they had to change it a bit to suit Apples regrettable censorship.
    They changed the name to reflect the changes made, but I can't recall the name.

A little gift from me to you:
    https://itunes.apple.com/dk/app/command-conquer-red-alert/id372097803?l=da&mt=8
    #

There's also a port of Civilization and plenty more good ports of older PC games on the AppStore.